Sad Day

• craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I had to put down my Yellow Lab last night. WOW! What a tough thing to do. You hear about others doing so, but when it comes down to it, it sucks! She was a great hunting dog, but even more, a part of my family. K.C. was my best friend, always there to greet me, never questioned where we were going, always ready to jump into the truck as soon as the door was open. K.C. will be a field with many other dogs who will eternally be chasing birds in GOD’S greatest creation above. Thanks for the memories K.C.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m so sorry to hear about K.C. Craig. I just went through this a couple of months back and it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I can tell you time will heal the hurt you are feeling right now. Just remember the good times you had and know K.C. is in a much better place! man this breaks my heart all over again reading this!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very sad to hear that Craig. I had the pleasure of hunting with K.C. and she was truly a remarkable upland dog. On one particular hunt, K.C. flushed a rooster and we ended up wounding it and at the very beginning of a long strip. After looking for some time, we continued our hunt. When we got to the very end of the strip, there was a picked bean field and a very tiny little strip of tall grass. This was over 300 yards from where we had started. K.C. persistently looked and smelled in that tiny little strip over and over again and wouldn’t you know it came out with the wounded rooster.

Saying good bye to a pet is never easy especially when it’s your best friend and hunting buddy.

I’m here for ya Craig…

TonyPagliai1
    Iowa City, IA 52245

Sorry to hear of your loss.

blush
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

I also had the pleasure of hunting with Craig and K.C. that day. Watching K.C. work was the best part of the hunt. I am so sorry Craig…

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WOW sorry to hear it Buddy!

KC, is looking down on you and chasing those Roosters everyday from here on out. The only pain KC feels is that of missing you just as much. My prayers go out to you and your buddy KC.

Anything I can do, let me know!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Sorry to hear the loss of your best bud..Jay

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sorry for your loss. Time heals all wounds.

deerdragger

This is truly the price we pay for having our lives blessed with these animals. Purchase price, shots, food, etc. are nothing compared to the overwhelming sense of grief experienced upon their passing. This is the cost.

When compared to what we get in return, it is certainly a price worth paying. My heart goes out to you and your family on your loss.

abster71
    crawford county WI

Sorry to hear Craig

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Sorry to hear Craig. I put my 13yr old yellow down last fall. Toughest thing I have ever had to do.

Remember that KC is running without pain, chasing pheasants to her heart galore, and looking down to keep a watch over you.

lick

very sorry for your loss Craig

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

I am truly sorry for your loss.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Sorry to hear of your loss
    I have a 7yr Chocolate so I will have to experience the same thing some day.
    A Buddy just had to put down his 12yr old last week bad health.

coppertop
    Central MN

Craig, Sorry to hear of your loss.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Sorry to hear about KC.

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Thank you to everyone! It will take time to heal the pain of losing her. K.C. will be missed, but not forgotten.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

K.C. will be missed, but not forgotten.

Amen!

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Sorry to hear of your loss.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry to hear this Craig….. time will heal, but you will never forget KC.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

Craig

Sorry to hear of your loss. Had a accident with my lab over the weekend, that made me think. I have never had to deal with it, but I am already dreading it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.