1st year for your dog

• Don Hanson

How many have a new hunting companion that will be going into his first year?

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

As you know, I have a new chocolate lab named Lucy. I’ll introduce her to the hunt this fall but she’ll just be 6 months old come mid-October.

Goal for this year is to introduce her to it and see how she reacts. So far, retrieving is going pretty well. She loves water so the ingredients are all there for a good duck dog!

Eric

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

As you know, I have a new chocolate lab named Lucy. I’ll introduce her to the hunt this fall but she’ll just be 6 months old come mid-October.

Goal for this year is to introduce her to it and see how she reacts. So far, retrieving is going pretty well. She loves water so the ingredients are all there for a good duck dog!

Eric

budaman
    North Metro, MN

I’ll be taking my GSP hunting for the first time this fall. We’ve been on numerous walks in the field, and I’ve been working with her quite a bit. But this year will be the first time seriously chasing birds. Looking forward to seeing how our hard work has paid off.

budaman
    North Metro, MN

I’ll be taking my GSP hunting for the first time this fall. We’ve been on numerous walks in the field, and I’ve been working with her quite a bit. But this year will be the first time seriously chasing birds. Looking forward to seeing how our hard work has paid off.

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

My Yellow lab Zoey she is 1 year and 3 months, She is turning out to be a great dog so we will see what happens.

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

My Yellow lab Zoey she is 1 year and 3 months, She is turning out to be a great dog so we will see what happens.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Had Sprig out last year a few times and only lost 1 duck out of more than 30 birds shot but this year will be his first official year doing both pheasant and ducks full time he has been doing AWSOME. I found after my first lab the more time and work you put in the better you feel with your rewards you recieve from a good dog One thing i gotta say is never give up on a dog I found out it is just repetition, repitition, repitition and you will be pleased with your rewards

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Had Sprig out last year a few times and only lost 1 duck out of more than 30 birds shot but this year will be his first official year doing both pheasant and ducks full time he has been doing AWSOME. I found after my first lab the more time and work you put in the better you feel with your rewards you recieve from a good dog One thing i gotta say is never give up on a dog I found out it is just repetition, repitition, repitition and you will be pleased with your rewards

pahaarstad
    metro

This will be my first year hunting with my GSP. I got him him when he was a all most two. We have been doing so field work and now that it is starting to cool down We will start getting back on birds. I can not wait to see all the hard work pay off very soon.

pahaarstad
    metro

This will be my first year hunting with my GSP. I got him him when he was a all most two. We have been doing so field work and now that it is starting to cool down We will start getting back on birds. I can not wait to see all the hard work pay off very soon.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I’ve got a litter that is very tightly linebreed on GSP HoF producer Jigs White Smoke. They are actually inbred on a [censored] I had that was the strongest chicken dog I’ve ever been around. She was finding & pointing liberated quail at 7 weeks. I’m going to be hunting late this year with an eye on the future. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end just thinking about the 1st time you can get a shot on a pups 1st wild bird!!!

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I’ve got a litter that is very tightly linebreed on GSP HoF producer Jigs White Smoke. They are actually inbred on a [censored] I had that was the strongest chicken dog I’ve ever been around. She was finding & pointing liberated quail at 7 weeks. I’m going to be hunting late this year with an eye on the future. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end just thinking about the 1st time you can get a shot on a pups 1st wild bird!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.