Dental care for dogs

• Don Hanson

Ok guys, how many of you brush their dogs teeth? How often do you brush them?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My Vet told me every day..

I take mine in once a year and the Vet does it. Its about $300 + $50 for xrays. They also check for cracked teeth and teeth that may be giving the dog pain or problems.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My Vet told me every day..

I take mine in once a year and the Vet does it. Its about $300 + $50 for xrays. They also check for cracked teeth and teeth that may be giving the dog pain or problems.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

Never! I think it’s ridiculous unless they appear to have a serious issue. I’ve had 7 dogs, some of them had bad breath, but they were/are very healthy with gums/teeth.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

Never! I think it’s ridiculous unless they appear to have a serious issue. I’ve had 7 dogs, some of them had bad breath, but they were/are very healthy with gums/teeth.

Moores Bait

At least four times a week, more if I let the dogs in while the wife is brushing hers She is the one that brushes them, and when she does it, they (two golden retreivers and an adopted yellow lab) all line up and get their teeth and tounges done. The tounges are a side line thing because they keep wanting to eat the brush. We buy chicken and liver tooth paste at the vets office, and they go nuts for it. Not really uncomon for people to do this….

Moores Bait

At least four times a week, more if I let the dogs in while the wife is brushing hers She is the one that brushes them, and when she does it, they (two golden retreivers and an adopted yellow lab) all line up and get their teeth and tounges done. The tounges are a side line thing because they keep wanting to eat the brush. We buy chicken and liver tooth paste at the vets office, and they go nuts for it. Not really uncomon for people to do this….

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Never ever.Since my dogs dont eat candy or drink pop.I feed them dry dog food which scrapes tatar off their teeth. Hell I cant even get my kids to brush everyday. And god nows how much Dentists charge for People’s teeth care,who can afford a doggy dentist?

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Never ever.Since my dogs dont eat candy or drink pop.I feed them dry dog food which scrapes tatar off their teeth. Hell I cant even get my kids to brush everyday. And god nows how much Dentists charge for People’s teeth care,who can afford a doggy dentist?

nater3
    Webster City, IA

My wife is a vet and ours don’t get brushed. However, she is going to give our older lab a dental this year. They knock them out and then clean their teeth with all of the same tools that a dentist uses to clean our teeth. We also provide a TON of rope toys and other nylabones and stuff for them to chew on which help a bunch to keep their teeth clean.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

My wife is a vet and ours don’t get brushed. However, she is going to give our older lab a dental this year. They knock them out and then clean their teeth with all of the same tools that a dentist uses to clean our teeth. We also provide a TON of rope toys and other nylabones and stuff for them to chew on which help a bunch to keep their teeth clean.

birddog
    Mn.

Until the vet tells me their teeth look like they need it, I’ll leave them alone. Hasn’t been an exam yet where my vets told me they look bad. With the ropes, 50 blankets and towels they play tug O war with, the dental chewies they get a couple times a week, I don’t see a need. Both their teeth look nice and white.

BIRDDOG

birddog
    Mn.

Until the vet tells me their teeth look like they need it, I’ll leave them alone. Hasn’t been an exam yet where my vets told me they look bad. With the ropes, 50 blankets and towels they play tug O war with, the dental chewies they get a couple times a week, I don’t see a need. Both their teeth look nice and white.

BIRDDOG

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.