dog's nose

• fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

My young lab”s nose has something up with it that just showed up two weeks ago.

The pigment has changed and it is slightly swollen. She will let me touch it and push on it so I

don’t think it hurts her. I was thinking she might have gotten it from playing with the cat with she does 

a lot but I have never a cut or scratch. I have put different creams on it but hasn’t helped.

thanks

Dan

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1274.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Best bet is to just take her into the vet for a check-up. Some vets let you email photos and info before deciding if you need to come in for an appt or not. Whatever it is you don’t want an infection to develop, especially near the nose area.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dogs noses definitely change color as they mature but I assume you are talking about that flared up pink spot on the lower right nostril? I’d watch it real close and not let it go for too many days without showing signs of retreat or settling in to be normal.
    Depends on how badly you want to pay the vet……:)

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

If it’s been 2 weeks, I would take her in. I’ve had similar things on my dogs before that have been almost pimple-like, but they’ve resolved pretty quickly.

ontario2016

If you haven’t already I’d get her checked out.

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

her nose is looking much better. My wife is a wound care nurse so she has been putting some different ointments on it and noticed on Friday that it was getting better. So over the weekend she has been applying it quit often. All the swelling is gone and the pigment is all most back.

thanks for the suggestions

Dan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.