Does Skeeter Have an Issue With Their Seats?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ve got a buddy who has broke two boats seats on his new-this-year MX 1825. Yesterday I almost flipped over backwards as we took off. The plastic seat base, which looks pretty cheap for a $400ish seat, cleanly broke. He said the same thing happened the first time. Yes, I know the Boat Center will take care of him and its under warranty, but this shouldn’t happen. Is this a common problem with these seats?

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

I know from looking at WX2190’s that they did have an issue, but I thought it was limited to a batch in the 2017 model.

Just going off of second hand info from the owners I spoke to when looking at their boats for sale.

Scott

slawrenz
    Twin Cities

Same thing happened on my 2013 MX2025. I actually removed the bases and rebuilt the seats myself. not actually that difficult, been good ever since.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

there was a similar issue in like 2009-2011 (ish). i broke a few that were all replaced for free, but still. i know shortly after that they switched to the seats with metal hinges and i haven’t heard any complaints about those. i know mine have been great. now the switch back and problems return? when i saw the new seat designs it was the first thing i wondered about.

basseyes

Lund has a lot of seat issues too. For that matter a lot of seats aren’t built great, even the higher end ones.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Yes Dirk, there was a bad batch of bases that were not formulated correctly and very subject to breakage. Unfortunately,there were no means to track down to a specific boat. They are certainly under warranty and will be replaced.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Thanks for the reply Dean. I thought something might be up with the seats.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

there was a similar issue in like 2009-2011 (ish). i broke a few that were all replaced for free, but still. i know shortly after that they switched to the seats with metal hinges and i haven’t heard any complaints about those. i know mine have been great. now the switch back and problems return? when i saw the new seat designs it was the first thing i wondered about.

update…cracked the plastic seat base right through this week.
    made for a pretty long week for my boat partner, thankfully no real rough water.
    argh.

Brian Wille

Dean, i am the second owner on a 2013 mx-1825. i have the plastic seat base broken. how can we remedy the defective seat?

brian wille
    608 209 3144

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0185.jpg

2. SHOWING-CRACK-1.jpg

3. SHOWING-CRACK-2.jpg

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Brian,
    expect a call from our service department.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.