DH Customs Big Boy Noodle

• DT

I am a long time lurker first time poster on this forum.
    I see DH Custom rods has a Noodle rod “Big Boy Noodle” that can handle larger jigs and fish. Does anybody here own one or have any input on the rod since I can’t see one up close or drive to the store.

Dan Baker

I have handled a big boy noodle blank that was custom built buy a private builder. It is an interesting design. It is similar to a noodle with the fast tip and fiberglass blank, but it is such a heavy blank that the tip itself feels like the backbone of lighter noodle rods.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have handled a big boy noodle blank that was custom built buy a private builder. It is an interesting design. It is similar to a noodle with the fast tip and fiberglass blank, but it is such a heavy blank that the tip itself feels like the backbone of lighter noodle rods.

If your running bigger jigs and fish you probably want it to have a tip that way. Would still see and detect all bites and be able to jig bigger jigs very well I’d think?

curleytail

I’ve never handled one so my apologies if I’m talking out of turn.

With that said I’m not sure I understand the purpose. With heavy jigs and big fish I wouldn’t think a spring bobber style tip would be needed to see the bite.

I think if I was building a laker or pike rod I’d rather fish with a lighter physical weight graphite rod and just plan to feel the bite.

I could see it being a nice deadstick for big fish though.

Tucker

plharroun

I bought a blank a few months ago. Having it built right now for a Winnipeg trip later this year. It’s a very stout rod with a fast noodle tip. It’s an interesting rod design. While talking to Dustin it was designed to run bigger lipless cranks 1/2 to 3/4 oz.

Dan Baker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan Baker wrote:</div>

If your running bigger jigs and fish you probably want it to have a tip that way. Would still see and detect all bites and be able to jig bigger jigs very well I’d think?

Yeah, I think bite detection is possible with the tip, but it would be aggressive bites. I don’t think it is intended to be a finesse set-up for big baits. I’m a Tuned Up guy so that is what I relate most rods too. It reminded me of our LTP with a painted fast action tip.
    Dan

DT

I do own a 28″ Carbon rod in medium action kinda like a walleye sweetheart. I tend to tip watch more rather than feeling the bite. The idea of catching larger fish with a noodle sounds fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.