DeWalt 20V Max

• Alex George

Hey all,

I received a DeWalt 20V Max for Christmas. I am wanting to get the K-Drill, which I know recommends the XR. Should I take the drill back and get the XR or do you think I’ll ok with what I have? Thinking of the 6″ drill.

garragelogic
    Wayzata, MN

Get the XR hammerdrill with 5AH batteries. You don’t need the hammer drill setting, but you do want to have the handle. With 2 5AH batteries, you won’t run out of power and should be good for 40 holes at 24″ of ice.

watisituya
    North Metro

I think your drill has a max torque of 336 lbs, The XR is above the the minimum of 650 in – lbs of torque required by the K-Drill, I am sure the K drill would work but it would be much slower/less power and you risk burning up your drill. Id get the XR.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If I were you, I’d return it for the top of the line Milwaukee or Dewalt drill. That drill you have may turn a 6″K Drill, but the force exerted on it over time will take its toll.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have used the MAX and XR drills on my 6″ Nils with no problem. If the drill will solely be used for the K-drill, I would opt for the XR. Running a MAX drill a lot with the K-drill risks burning the drill up. I started with a 20V Max and upgraded to the XR as a dedicated drill for an auger and I’ve been very happy.

Brady Valberg

Get the xr. If you don’t u will pry burn up your drill fairly quickly without the brushless motor they get hot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.