From The Tree – Live updates from IDO members

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

10 more minutes and we should be getting a BBD post…

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

An unexpected day off has me sitting on a great ridge where wild thang shot both her buck and Doe this year. What an awesome day to be in the woods

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Trying nose jammer for the first time tonight in a stand where the wind is constantly swirling. Maybe I’ll have some luck!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Trying nose jammer for the first time tonight in a stand where the wind is constantly swirling. Maybe I’ll have some luck!

Let us know how it works out.

devel

It’s officially that time of year, witnessed multiple deer dogging. I’m guessing that first old doe came into heat and those big bucks wanted her bad. A giant 170 and a half dozen little bucks. This was around Pepin county area.

I’ll be in the tree next on Friday morning and I am already giddy! All day sits here I come!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Great night, cool, cloudy quiet. Time to grip it and rip it!

devel

In the stand for the day, activity was pretty good this moening before the wind kicked up. Rattled in a little one horn wonder who wouldn’t leave the tree for a half hour, 5 does and that’s all she wrote. I hopped in a stand at the bottom of 3 connecting bottoms where there is a line of about 30 scrapes. Waiting on Mr. October!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Hunting camp ripley this weekend. Just had a dandy mainframe 10 with some stickers trot by. Had em at 20 but he would not stop. DANG IT!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

doe, fawn, doe, fawn, fawn, doe, fawn, doe, doe, doe. Guys must be heading to the truck for lunch….

kooty
    Keymaster

At least I don’t have to hang on for dear life tonight.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Two more does, a fawn and a 6pt last night. quiet so far this morning.

kevin_sahly
    maple grove,mn

After sitting in this swirling wind from dark to dark the last 2 days, I find myself occasionally catching a whiff of “nose jammer”. I must admit that I’ve had a few hallucinations of one of “the chive” girls walking down my trail delivering a plate of fresh cookies. I have no idea what the deer think about nose jammer, but it’s quite soothing to me.

devel

Had another little buck dogging a group of does, and grunting like it was going out of style on the cheesy side of the river. Came back over to Minnesota, and it was perfectly calm which was a nice change of pace, and the does were out but the Coyotes had a little different plan down in the river bottoms tonight and cause a little ruckus which pretty much shut down the rest of the hunt.

Scaup

Quote:

After sitting in this swirling wind from dark to dark the last 2 days, I find myself occasionally catching a whiff of “nose jammer”. I must admit that I’ve had a few hallucinations of one of “the chive” girls walking down my trail delivering a plate of fresh cookies. I have no idea what the deer think about nose jammer, but it’s quite soothing to me.

KCCO

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Set up on top of a huge ravine. Good pinch point with 3 ridge tops that meet up directly behind me. Good activity here last night. Just a matter of time

kooty
    Keymaster

Hope that new Mathews gets bloody tonight buddy!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Been a while since I checked,been hunting my arse off. One doe in the freezer with the new Hoyt bow and fixing to put a good buck down before gun opener. Good luck boys and girls, this is the week we wait all year for

devel

No Tag Soup in NoDak for this guy! BBD

kooty
    Keymaster

Yes!!!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Haven’t seen a deer now in two days . Im at the bottom of low . Been sitting from day light tell dark . Im at the bottom of low. I have 14 days off yet . Something has to change..

kooty
    Keymaster

It only takes a few minutes for a whole season to turn around. And if it’s going to happen, this is the time of year. Good luck!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Im still at it . Just packed in over two an a half miles carrying my climber an gear. Deep in state land in Allamakee co. Iowa . Going to be windy, lets see what happens im settled an pumped

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Be sure to tie that water bottle around your neck Tony.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good luck Tony dont give up!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Prime Time !!! Have seen 8 different bucks. No shooters yet

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Are you on good trails Tony? What are you hunting around, let us know whats going on. Any chance of any pictures? Good luck!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Just had an absolute stud below me at 60yds

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

After a week of not hunting since I shot Tank, I’m back at it!! Looking to fill the freezer with a doe

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ve really been under the weather since this last weekend > can’t wait to get back out there in this stand! Few 6, 8, and 10’s trolling the neighborhood…

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Sat from daylight tell dark. Didn’t see a deer. Have yet to see a buck chasing a doe here in Iowa this year. Back at it again tomorrow …

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.