From The Tree – Live updates from IDO members

• thebigd25
    st. paul

Joes started carrying the B Fish N line this fall, mostly the ringworms not much of the grubs or paddletails

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Please share your time in the tree or blind with those of us who can’t make it to the field.

Good luck this fall everyone!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Sitting here opening morning in a white oak stand looking over a lush clover plot Man I missed this. No deer yet, but lots of waterfowl flying over. Acorns are dropping big time!

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

This temperature drop makes sitting in the deer stand this morning perfect sitting on the edge of a standing corn field few encounters already with a fork and two fawns gonna stick it out for a little while longer

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here we go.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Second night in BC. Last night I was sitting over a dried up mud hole and got skunked. tonight I am over a nice pond and in the same tree! Not very warm but hoping they are thirsty

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

This was my first sit of the season did not see any deer but it was great to get back in a tree. I do not have internet on my phone so I took the pic with my phone and sent it to Kooty in a text and he posted it for me.

Thanks John!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Had a willing participant this afternoon

kooty
    Keymaster

Going to be a beautiful night.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I am set up in a prime little area between the neighbors 5 year old clear cut and a 20 acre corn field. First sit ever on this freshly hung stand! Ready to stretch my string!

muskybones

Sitting on a fresh cut logging road. Thick pines to the west. Crop to the south and east. Smaller pines to the North

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Had two groups of bucks sparring this morning on the way to the stand. Never could make out their racks…

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

After I got done hunting this morning, I got down and checked my camera. The G3 buck came by at 2:50 pm on Saturday. Im set up in the same stand with a good sse wind hoping he comes out to feed in this strip of oak trees

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Hunting the Killing Tree again tonight. I usually wouldn’t hunt one of my primary spots right now, but there’s too much daytime movement to sit at home. Im hunting the G3 buck again, and brought the rattling antlers this evening. The last two sits in this stand, I’ve had bucks sparring so maybe he’ll come out after I do some light rattling!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Back in the saddle. just saw a very nice 2 year old. The turkeys that I can’t shoot until tomorrow scared him off but it’s early! Hope his daddy or sister slips up tonight.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Last night I had 2 one year olds and a 2 year old directly underneath my stand. They all snapped their necks up the tree line and I saw a deer that dwarfed these youngsters. He never came out but he is worth looking for again so this morning I set a ground blind upwind of the path he used. I need a little bit more luck than usual for this to work

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Set up on a ridge with a
    trail that leads to a alfalfa field.its wet And windy but I am still optimistic that this spot will produce a good buck

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Just had a 2 year old 8 point with split brows he will be a dandy in a year or 2

wild_thang
    Minnesota

Here’s a view from my tree! Gotta love it!!

kooty
    Keymaster

So glad I’m in a box blind. 25 mph raining. Spotted 3 shooters bedded @ 400-500 yards north of me. 6 does and a Nubby so far came to drink. 19 yards to the tank.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Somebody has a story to tell!
    Congratulations!

sticker

Soooo nice to be back in the tree after 2 weeks. Trail cams have been showing deer during daylight all week. I need to draw blood with the new bow soon

sticker

Nothing last night, but I am back in a new stand tonight

sticker

After 2 night sits and nothing to show, I am sitting in the tree this morning hoping for at least a sighting. this is my view looking over my bean/corn plot.

rubber
    river falls wi

Hard s wind this morning sitting on an oak ridge no movement yet

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

1st night hunt in mn.just got done shooting a couple of practice rounds with Todders,Kooty, Scotty and Jeff. Everyone is headed to their stands for the evening hunt. Wild thang And I are hunting the cabin. Good luck guys!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Sitting over an abandon over grown drainage ditch that connects bedding to food. Hope they get here before dark

kooty
    Keymaster

My blind mates last night.

sticker

The big 9 has been here 2 of the 3 nights that I was at the farm. Right around 6:30 pm. I am ready for him tonight!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.