Fun T-zone hunt in a winter wonder land

• joef
    La Crosse, WI

After a long season without finding the right buck, I decided it was time to put some meat in the freezer and went out T-zoning last weekend. Pretty slow going until last night in the snow storm. What a beautiful evening to sit, I didn’t really care if deer came by or not. I was overlooking a cut corn field to my left that transitioned into a cut bean field that still had a few standing stalks left in it. I knew the beans were what the deer wanted and i expected to see them coming from my left and going to the right. Didn’t see anything until about 15 mins before dark i glanced over to the bean field and saw 6 does out there but it was a long shot through some brush but i picked a hole and tried to get a decent rest and shot…miss. They all bolted back into a field further where i couldn’t see, so i stood up and moved around the corner of the woods and could see that they were gone but then noticed a lone big doe by herself at about 200 yards. I aimed a touch high and fired, she did about a 6 foot vertical leap and ran 20 yards and stopped/hunched over, i shot again and dropped her. It was an awesome hunt and the snow fall made it really really cool. After a long season this doe made it worth it all even though i didn’t get my buck.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats!! I would have loved to been hunting yesterday.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I love the sound; or lack of sound, when its snowing like that. Very peaceful!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Congrats! Late season is here, can’t wait to get out again my self

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.