Late season

• protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Anyone still hitting the woods? For me, the action has been slow with the warm weather My dad had a spike chase a fawn by him yesterday morning, but he didn’t shoot either one I’m headed out this morning, though i don’t expect to see much. But it’s getting down to the wire

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Although the with this warm weather deer prefer to lounge around on the shady cool spots that they can find in the timber they still need to eat. this being for the most part post rut, they are in need of food to replenish the fat that they have burned off during the rut. that being said 50 -100 yards off of the food plots would be my 1st choice. remember that the 2nd rut is just around the corner and will have the bucks back on their feet. stick with it and when the cold front hits saturday they will be back on their feet and cruising looking for that last pretty lady that needs some loving Good luck

deertracker

I’m just going to be purchasing my bow tag. A little late but better late than never I quess. Where is the cold and snow?
    DT

at
    SE MN

I am still hard at it. It’s been slow here in SE MN also. I am really hoping for some colder weather. All our deer movement has mostly been at night on the cameras but a few have been moving around 8 in the AM. Really wish we has some snow! Good luck guys!

joef
    La Crosse, WI

I’m still working at it in SE MN as well. The neighbor just picked his corn on the ridge about 10 days ago and i have two prime stands covering the main routes to it but they just have not been moving during shooting hours I have never done much late season hunting but this year i have not killed a deer yet and i’m ready to take a doe just to get some meat in the freezer (plus i have not killed a deer with my bow in a few years)

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I saw one 1.5 y/o spike or 4 point this morning at 9 am. The cameras are showing that they’re moving at night too Hopefully this week turns around!

ozzyky
    On water

All our cameras showing activity after dark too. Have been since the Monday of gun season. Have had does moving around 4:20 last few nights but all the horns are still noctural for the most part. Ticks me off cause there are only a couple days of muzzleloader left. Going to have to be a late season bow kill I guess.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Anyone hunting in the mornings?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.