Albino Buck Shooting Creates Controversy

• re-tired
    wi

I saw this on the outdoor life newshound.

WI Hunter Shoots Albino Buck

There are a few albino deer up near Mille Lacs where I grew up and it was pretty much the same thing where everyone left them alone. I think I would give them a free pass myself, but I can sure understand why it would be hard to let a buck that nice pass. What do you guys think?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I hope the locals aren’t blaming the outsiders? It’s not like this unwritten rule is published on every tree.

Me personally, not sure what I’d do. Probably shoot it and preserve the trophy as best possible.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I could care less if someone shot an albino/piebald as long as it’s legal. Myself, I would let it walk , just doesnt do anything for me…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s been plastered in the news with all the locals being Pizzed. Yea, it’s all about the “out-of-towner” that came up and shot it. Here by my house, and over at my farm it is legal to shoot an albino deer in the CWD zones. For the technical aspect, the hunter did absolutely nothing wrong, and well within his right to take it.
    However, if he was hunting private land and it was conditional upon NOT shooting an albino- then as a land owner I would be ticked off also.
    If given the opportunity and pending some circumstances, I would and it would be a well respected trophy in my eyes.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

It appears to me that some of the locals are actually just jealous.

the_grump
    Le Center

Is it really a good thing for the herd, if these genes keep getting passed on?

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

I would have to put the hammer down on a buck of that size, regardless of his color.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I would shoot it in a heartbeat! Deer of a lifetime IMO

PowerFred

Its a legal target there, so its not a problem in my eyes. Albino’s are actually genetically deficient and do not have desirable traits. If that were true, we’d have a lot more of them around. Deer are brown for a reason, and thats “Camoflage”. A white deer sticks out like a sore thumb most times of the year.

I don’t shoot young bucks and would prefer that no one shot young bucks, but the law allows it, so be it. I can only control MY actions. This guy made a legal choice and no one should hassle him about it.

I’d shoot that buck in a heart beat, if given the legal opportunity. Not sure if my wife would appreciate the full body mount that I’d have to get done, but I’d love to have it!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I definately would have shot that deer if it was legal. He did nothing wrong and should not be banished for it. Almost sounds like the one lady is on a crusade to me and who knows, she just might be an anti that wants to save all deer no matter what color they are. This is just a starting point. PETA will prolly be out there tomorrow to help protest.

prieser
    Byron, MN

If the out of towner had caught a 15 lb walleye out of Mille Lacs and kept it, they would be ready to tar and feather him for that too. To each there own as long as it is legal. Congrats to him on a great, once in a lifetime trophy.

little_g
    durand WI

not a doubt they could see it in my living room everytime they drive by my house.

snowolf68

People are talking like this deer was their property. Someone shot a white deer, big deal.

tapout

I wouldnt have thought twice that would be my trophy or a life time their. What an amazing trophy animal. I say beeeeeeeeep anybody that has a problem with it. Job well done by that guy. Hats off

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

It’s a genetic defect, I’d stick a pin in it!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sweet rack!

I would like to see the following person beaten with one of the deers front legs until that leg changes from white to red.

“I hope they feel like they’re a big strong hunter because they took out the white deer and stole it from everybody,” Sprecher said

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Congratulations to the hunter!!! It bothers me that these guys think this deer is “theirs” to protect. Heck of a trophy and a mature deer too. Would I shoot a white doe, probly not.

joef
    La Crosse, WI

Yeah i heard about this last week. Tick’s me off how vocal some of these Eh-holes get. I’m with most of you guys, awesome trophy and if I knew it was legal I would try to fight off the shakes enough to drop him. Then give those tree hugging PETA losers the bird as I registered him.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

This is no differnt than the APR. Somebody does not want a deer shot for their own reasons.
    Very Nice deer though, congrat’s to the hunter.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.