A little regret….

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Sure looks like one.

WarrenMN2

One of the three spans of the old bridge on Hiway 12 at Whitlock Crossing. They must have removed one span and blown the piers under the other two, dropping this one on its side.

WarrenMN2

WarrenMN2

Here’s what the full length looked like. You can piece it together if you want.

Just to update any one following a fools travels, today I’m in Chamberlain, SD. Chamberlain is a really beautiful old town and the south end of the maps/imagery I did. From here I realized I never made plans for what’s next. I was seriously thinking of moving to Devils Lake after this but with the cold getting closer it seems father away than I thought. If I can recieve KSTP 1500 down here I may call in again tonight for kicks and giggles to bug Fisher and Bulleg (?).The weather has been wind and/or rain since I got into Ft Thompson, north end of Lake Francis Case. Here at Chamberlain it rained all night and looks like rain till tomorrow. No use in traveling in rain so I’ll decided what next then.

WarrenMN2

WarrenMN2

Almost forgot these. Old foundations left from the Chyenne Indian Agency next to the new 212 bridge.

WarrenMN

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Francis Case is suppose to have several areas of Indian artifacts and sacred burial grounds currently covered with water, I know when the water gets really low there are teams from the colleges in the area which come out to search. Cool pictures!

WarrenMN2

It’s been rain and wind all weekend but the sky is blue and the winds subsided way more than I thought they would so I may run out on the lake this afternoon with the side scan.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’d like to see if the walleye are moving into the deeper holes by the Platte/Winter bridge please! Maybe the tops of the trees?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Which SI unit did you use to take these pics?

WarrenMN2

997 but I used the record function and converted them using the Humminbird software son2xtf, then viewing them on SIView.
    Sure glad McDs here has WIFI.
    On the record, it only records the width your using so narrower side outs give better views I think.

WarrenMN2

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Someone has a 797 for sale for $600. I’m so tempted to get it but I just spent $1,000 on new Lowrance units and probably wouldn’t get my money’s worth out of one of them to buy it?

WarrenMN2

I’m not sure if this software works with recordings on the smaller 797. My hope is some one makes a program that’ll lay the recording down by the way the direction each scan is.
    WarrenMN2

joef
    La Crosse, WI

I have been hunting for the last couple days so this post is a little late. I have seen a lot of deer moving but no chasing yet, I keep hearing people are seeing chasing but nothing so far by me, I actually saw a 1.5 and 2.5 year old 8 points traveling together on monday. Tuesday evening I saw a stand that is always awesome for late pre-rut, lots of scrapes and the wind was right. This 8 point shows up and follows the script to a T. Works 3 scrapes and walks right under my tree and gives me a 10 yard quartering away shot. I had told myself after seeing this deer on camera i was going to let him walk…but it was really really difficult at 10 yards. He looked even better in person, and now i am having a little regret there are bigger deer so that keeps my hopes up. I don’t get real excited for gun season anymore but I will be out there looking to drop one. Good luck this weekend to everyone who is going and be safe!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats for having the willpower to pass a VERY nice buck. I don’t care what anyone says, a deer like that walks under you, you gotta have second thoughts.

gobbler
    Central, MN

Joe,
    I know what you are going thru. I passed a 130-135″ 8 pt a couple years ago and had the same feeling. Thank goodness 8 days later I was rewarded with a 157″ 12 pt. It may be one at the end of season but for now, you still have some real good weeks to look forward too.
    Good Luck!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I feel your pain buddy! I let this guy walk last gun season. Same basic story; I rattled him in from 150+ yards to 18yds. I had the safety off twice and slighlty squeezed the trigger before letting up and making my decision to pass. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about that buck. I now decide if everything goes right…. it was meant to be. Good luck!

Sorry the picture is so crummy. I was shaking the cell phone a little trying to take the picture. All you can see is his rack in the middle of the picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.