Hot chocolate on deck!

• john_steinhauer
    p4

Well in’s getting down there for time for me. I’ll be in the woods almost every minute of day light from now till Sunday night!

Thank god for hot chocolate I might need it, I gotta feeling I may be a little chilled.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck! It’s a bit chilly out there.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Might want to consider a second layer today. I made two sets calling this morning, and one of my hand calls had the reed freeze up. Chilly!

postmaster

I like this time second only to the peak rut as the fawns are comming into heat and all the deer are starting to hit the food plots. Bring on more snow and cold, I need to kill more does and my son needs a buck for the wall. GOOD LUCK. Add more cloths and stay as long as you can my cameras show activity all day, they like the warm sun.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I think one thing hindering some areas is the lack of snow. For example up north last weekend, there were still a ton of acorns on the ground in the forest. Now if we had 6 inches of snow covering up this food source, I think the deer would likely be hitting the destination plots harder and earlier.

All that said, this should help extend the life of these plots and in turn help the deer longer into the winter. Hopefully we have a mild winter/spring and the deer get a break from the last couple.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I have two spots I plan one hunting and them two only!

The first is a afternoon spot just a field edge of a picked corn field, but the deer love it in the late season. It’s the same spot I killed my buck last year on 12-10 and a doe the day before.

The other is a good spot both afternoon and mornings but better in the morning. The area outlined in black is a standing corn plot. All of the parks are stand locations.

It’s the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded, time to smack one out of the park!!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Gotta love scoutlook! Good luck! I will be out Saturday and Sunday for the statewide doe only hunt. I haven’t unloaded the muzzle loader yet so I may as well aim it at something to eat!

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Quote:

I like this time second only to the peak rut as the fawns are comming into heat and all the deer are starting to hit the food plots. Bring on more snow and cold, I need to kill more does and my son needs a buck for the wall. GOOD LUCK. Add more cloths and stay as long as you can my cameras show activity all day, they like the warm sun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.