Some South Dakota Deer

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here are some pics I’ve received via email from SD. Some are friends, others are friends of friends.

The first three photos… Both bucks were shot on the same night in western SD. The gentleman is lucky enough to live in an area where he can carry two buck tags. Got one, on his way home to get the kids, he got the other.

Pics 4-6 were taken opening rifle weekend in central SD. The guy with the mule deer is an old buddy who is deployed in El Paso right now training troops for war. He said the snow was a welcome site. The two whitetails were shot by the young man and his mother. She must be camera shy, I’m not sure why with a whitetail that size.

The last photo is a friend of a friend pic shot in eastern SD. Not much else to say except WOW.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Those are some great SD bucks! The last one is really exceptional! Congrats to all the hunters!

lick

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Wow!!! there are so many underrated places out there with exceptional Bucks!! We seem to only hear about Pike co. Iowa, Buffalo co. etc. but it seems that there are many places that deserve to be recognized for the bucks that they have

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I think so too Brad, the last one and the forth one.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

My buddy Chippy got this buck Saturday AM during the snow storm.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

That last pic is very cool, something that deserves a frame.

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

If these were shot anywhere near where I hunt in Huron, SD I can’t wait to travel back home to the farm to get on one of them!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Wow!!! there are so many underrated places out there with exceptional Bucks!! We seem to only hear about Pike co. Iowa, Buffalo co. etc. but it seems that there are many places that deserve to be recognized for the bucks that they have

100% agreed. And those locals surely don’t mind the lack of recognition..shhhhhhh SD&ND are primo big buck lands.

thinkeyes
    Fairfax, IOWA

Awesome pics kooty! Pics 1&3 looms like the bucks are twins!

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

When we hunt the muzzleloader season. Doe inly for nonresidents. We see bucks of that caliber all the time and several per year. Its sad that in 20+ yrs i used to hunt minnesota i had never seen bucks like that

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Some great lookin deer…we always hunt pheasant near Miller and I am always amazed on how many big bucks we kick up out of the smallest patches of “cover”.

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Thanks for sharing the pics Kooty There are some great bucks in that group, congrats to them Just reinforces the point that I need to move to the Dakotas

dr_hook
    Minnestrista

And we left South Dakota…….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.