My kind of vacation

• joef
    La Crosse, WI

Yeah sand beaches, bikinis, and tall drinks are nice…but this time of year all i can think about is being a tree stand Every year i save at least 5 days of vacation and I burn them the first week of november. So I will be hunting tonight, tomorrow night, then morning and evening from saturday the 29th until sunday the 6th of november. I hunt minnesota and gun season opens the 5th of november so i am hoping to fill my bow tag before that so i don’t have to fork out another 140 bones to get a chance at one with the ol’ rem 870.

With all this excitement, i’m sure i will be absolutely worthless at work tomorrow

super_do
    St Michael, MN

That’s too bad you have to work tomorrow I only work 2 of the next 18 days. Heading to North Dakota duck hunting tomorrow for 3 days and deer hunting Mn & WI through the 14th of November.

Seriously though….Good Luck!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to IDO! I agree with ya, just love this time of year and one can never take enough vacation for it!

Quote:

I hunt minnesota and gun season opens the 5th of november so i am hoping to fill my bow tag before that so i don’t have to fork out another 140 bones to get a chance at one with the ol’ rem 870.

Or you could bowhunt all the way through the gun season too if you didn’t want to fork over the extra money on a firearms license. MN allows you to bow hunt during the gun season as long as you’re wearing blaze orange.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

With all this excitement, i’m sure i will be absolutely worthless at work tomorrow

Kinda like I am today…. Off to Buffalo County for a week in the a.m.

bowhuntmn

Agreed! Of all the laws/regulations, this is the best one! I hardly purchase gun tags in MN anymore. When I do gun hunt, I just hunt out of my bow stands anyway. Since it is during the rut anyway, I like my odds with stick and string just as much!

deertracker

I took off the entire month of October once. I got back to work, didn’t like being there and took off part of november also. That was a good stretch.
    DT

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Is it wrong that I have my vacation schedule made out in the month of November a couple years in advance? Cuz my wife sure thinks so!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I took off the entire month of October once. I got back to work, didn’t like being there and took off part of november also. That was a good stretch.
    DT

Let me guess, pre-wife and kids?

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am off for the next 20 days hopefully be able to put something on the ground but im not going to hold my breathe on it

deertracker

One would think, but I was married with 2 kids at the time. It wasn’t an entire hunting free for all though. Sometimes we fished.
    DT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.