Satellite Mineral site success!!

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thats a bummer. Mother nature is so destructive

jbob
    Hastings, MN

My son lives in New Trier and he had 2 trees on his house as well as 6 down in his yard. What a mess.

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

I saw a lot of corn just flattened and a lot of trees and branches down between Coates and Vermillion.Do they know if it was a tornado or not?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

There was an area that was straightline winds that passed just south of Meisville but there was a F-0 Tornado just west of that (New Trier area and down around Welch.

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

I live in Welch…albeit,7 miles out of town. My wife was home and said that the sky turned a yellowish/green,brown color and there was a peculiar smell in the air.Then it got black as night and the wind started to blow and her and the dogs hit the basement.No damage real nearby though.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Any one been past Little Log House?
    I am supposed to work out there tonight but that hall sits on a hill.
    If someone happens to go past give me a report.
    Thanks

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

My wife and I are going to go for a little drive tonight to check out the damage and we’ll most likely be going by there.I’ll report back but,you’ll probably already know by then anyway.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Clarence, it was right on the edge of the damage line. Some bent corn and some branches down, but you should be fine.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

I live two miles west of Meisville, which was ground zero for all the action yesterday afternoon. The little tornado clipped our woods about 150 feet from the house. My wife, kids, and the Minnegasco guy all had a front row seat. We are OK, but some of the neighboring farms were hit pretty hard. I drove north to Hastings last night and the damaged stopped about a mile or so north of my place. I would think that the Little Log House Bauer farm got some wind but missed the big action.

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

I got a report of a friends parents that live on 230th north east of New Trier plenty of trees down, and from wha ti appeared, twisted up from a Tornado.

veritas89
    Rosemount, MN

My grandparents farm is 2 miles south west of miesville and boy did we get it. We lost our hay barn and a quarter of the roof on the new barn. Lost the pole shed. along with 3 of our grain wagons tipped over, including the new one . Thank fully noone got hurt there. The whole crop is gone, i mena hail damage on all of it.
    Prayers go out to everyone that was affected by this.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Every irrigator we saw was wheels up!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I have a brother in the New Trier / Vermillion area that needs a new roof. I’m not talking roof in the aspect of shingles. I’m talking needs a new ROOF!

Family/friends in Hampton area got messed up good with broken trees and messy yards but that was about it.

Corn is gone.
    If it isn’t flat, the hail stripped off the leaves.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I was at Duffs Tavern in Vermillion last night and ws talking with a Vermilion Fireman….. He was holding his front door closed while on the phone with 911 telling them to blow the sirens…..Arearently they never blew! She was more interested in getting his address.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Got to follow proceedure…..CYA

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I was getting a ton of pics early in the year of both bucks and does fighting for their turn at the mineral site. I decided after much tought that I would simply make another site with in camera range of the main site. That additional site was nothing more than a trphy rock laid on a log. Almost instantly I got the results I was after and a month later out of 1200 pics none were of deer squableing. Knowing that all deer are getting their fill of the mineral makes me feel less bad about aborting the plots for 2011 season. I have enclosed the pics of the proof, and a pic of the 2 reasons beside the weather I wasnt able to get my plots in, wedding and fishin!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

My excuse pic

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s great stuff Ben. I’m sure it’s been very hard on you not being able to spend your normal amount of time in the field this year.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Awesome wedding picture Ben, nice that the satellite site worked out too! Congrats and I will always have a food plot for you to hang out in during the fall !

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Good advise Give those plots H*** next year

Drake2011
    Smithville,TN

The trophy rock is a real good tool to use on deer. I love useing them they work fine.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great point Ben! Some hunters go by the rule – one mineral lick per 40-80 acres. I say it depends on how many deer are on your property.

lick

Nice work Ben ! Great idea !

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.