Deer Feed

• craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I have been reading in some local papers about supplemental feed for the deer. We have been using Deer pellets and some alphae bails. Anyone else helping out mother nature? It seems we are having a tough winter for all criters.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I am also feeding allot I had 17 acres of plots this year and normally have leftover corn. Not this year the plots have been gone for over a month. I am feeding 100# of corn per day and also 2 bales of alfalfa per day. (very expensive) I am feeding most every deer for at least a square mile. I hope the neighbors know that when their deer come home in the spring in great shape that it was no accident. I also have a close neighbor that is helping out by feeding the deer

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Quote:

I am also feeding allot I had 17 acres of plots this year and normally have leftover corn. Not this year the plots have been gone for over a month. I am feeding 100# of corn per day and also 2 bales of alfalfa per day. (very expensive) I am feeding most every deer for at least a square mile. I hope the neighbors know that when their deer come home in the spring in great shape that it was no accident. I also have a close neighbor that is helping out by feeding the deer

30+ a night at one time and thats not counting the ones in the middle of the night. I would hate to guess how many are on the hill right now Bob. I bet the number would suprise us both!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Quote:

30+ a night at one time and thats not counting the ones in the middle of the night. I would hate to guess how many are on the hill right now Bob. I bet the number would suprise us both!

My point exactly Our two small parcel’s probably hold at the most 4-5 doe groups and 6-7 bucks totaling about 15-20 deer max. between your dad and I we are feeding well over 100 deer like I said you won’t find a deer track within a mile of our land now but come spring they will head back to their home range in very good shape

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Great to here you guy’s helping out. I just hope your not in the erradication zone !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.