WOW! Just Thinking of 2010 Bow Season!

• craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Of all the Bow Hunting I have done this year, I haven’t even had an opportunity to pull my Bow back. I had a couple of encounters with Bucks, but the shots were marginal at best. I have been snake bitten this year. Go figure, I go out ice fishing for the 1st time on Mille Lacs and catch the biggest walleye (weight) of my life. I think I am done hunting for now. Anyone else been snake bitten?

lick

Nope

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Pat,
    At least this year, I got my 1st Turkey with a Bow. It was my 1st time out with the Bow. I guess my luck has run out

bobbergeson

Craig im sure u passed up a lot of deer that ppl would shoot in a heartbeat! Can’t wait 2 see what u kill next year. In the mean time good luck ice fishing!

bradg

Yep, so far…I did have a nice 28 yard broadside shot at an approx 110inch eight plus a few does.and several fans, but haven’t sent an arrow yet. In a.tree as I.speak tho…and I have high expectations!

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Yea! I know….I passed on a mid 130’s 10 pointer on my B-day (Oct 29th) in Buffalo County in the morning sit. I had a awesome encounter with the “Nixon” buck and opted out shooting a marginal shot at a mid 150’s buck. Another encounter with a mid 130’s buck in Pepin County just before the Gun Opener. My goal this year was to shoot a 140″ buck or bigger. I know in Buffalo County, I was going to sit in one stand but decided to hunt a different one – well, when we checked trail cams, wouldn’t you of known it, one of the shooters was at that stand location that morning I was going to hunt it. That’s why it is called Hunting. We strategize as hunters which stand location to hunt based on wind, water, travel corridors, rut and food plots – to name a few. I had my best year as far as encounters is concerned. There is next year! There will be some great bucks to shoot for in 2011!

abster71
    crawford county WI

snake bit here also never even got excited to draw the bow and still at it but I think I’m about done been out 4 times and not seeing anything talk about nocturnal still. Waiting for the next moon to wack some yotes and hopefully do some ice fishing. Hopefully next year with a new bow will be a different story. Had some great hunts this year with 1st turkey with bow and on video, elk hunting co. w/bow and some close encounters, and a nice buck with the pro-hunter. Had a lot of shooter this year that will be pushing the 160 mark hopefully next year.

coppertop
    Central MN

Yep and bit hard!

BBushy
    Moorhead, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    I guess I’ll have to settle for tag soup this year. I’ve had opportunities this year at some quality bucks
    and blew them. The fist opportunity came on Oct.29 I had
    good buck come out and I mis judge the range I thought he
    was 20 yards but I think it was more like 25 as the arrow
    flew right under the buck and the buck didn’t evan know what happened. The next opportunity came on Nov.4 and I
    missed a solid PY caliber buck. So I went out the next day
    and shot my Reezen and everything was on so I think I had a case of buck fever. I guess this season wasn’t all bad and I’ll have to thank the deer gods for those opportunities. On a side note I saw more bucks than does which was wierd and all of my best hunts came on public land.

brunowfo

Yep bit me too. I hunted the same buck all bow season. Saw him 6 times and never got the shot I wanted. Thats ok. he’s still there the Farmer to the north saw him 2 days ago. I wanted to go these last 2 day but honey do list and end of the year crap for work has taken over.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.