Late Season Deer Hunting

• craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Since our family Christmas gathering is on Sunday – well, I will be out trying to get a Big Doe or Buck Down! I got the snowshoes ready, the summit climbing stand, back pack, bow, and the rest of the gear. It’s amazing how much additional hunting gear you need. I figure I have an extra 40 lbs with me. The key here is not to get all sweated up on the way out to the stand.
    Anyone else out hunting this late season. The temps this weekend are looking to be in positive digits. I will be hunting a transition area between the bedding area and food source. Good Luck to everyone!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Good luck Craig

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Quote:

Anyone else out hunting this late season. The temps this weekend are looking to be in positive digits. I will be hunting a transition area between the bedding area and food source. Good Luck to everyone!

In the stand right now and will be till ‘sticker’ is dead or the season closes. Hunting a transition spot today. Been hitting the plots hard latly. I try to get all my layers with zippers this time of year, what way I can open up as many layers of cloths as needed on walk in to keep from sweating. Good luck every one!

abster71
    crawford county WI

Been out the last 2 out of 3 nights and only seen one small buck hunting picked corn and the deer aren’t out. Not seeing much for sign either, not sure what to think. Hopefully get out beginning next week. Merry Christmas All!!!!!!!!!!

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

went out last night and decided that after the last 2 hunts I need snow shoes. It’s just to hard to walk through deep snow without getting sweated up.

DONOTDELETE

I still planning on going out a couple more times. I think I will be bring my snow shoe also. Good luck to everyone still going out.

gobbler
    Central, MN

saw 15 last night with 2 of them being bucks. 1 was a 4.5 yr old 8 pt that was 250 yards out at 4:40. i moved stands and plan to hunt where i was last night and make a move on Sunday night if i have to. Good Luck guys…. we need a few more BBD’s

->>>————->

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.