Taxidermist

• ragerunner
    Winona, MN

I have been thinking about getting a shoulder mount of my buck from last year. I don’t have a cape and I would like the droptine that snapped off to be fixed. Does anyone have an idea what that would run in price and/or where I should go? Somewhere within a few hours of SE MN would be the best. I thought IDO had a sponsor for this, but I couldn’t find it.

Thanks in advance,
    Rage

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Call Tim Hecht @507-236-7581 tell him Mark Olson sent ya.

gobbler
    Central, MN

Kirk Peterson (715)-672-5716 out of Durand, WI. You will not be disappointed. He did an unbelievable job with an old chewed up 8 pt i picked out of a dumpster. Kirk is fantastic for antler repair and the cape that he used for my mount “is the prettiest deer I have in the basement” according to my wife. I have to agree with her the buck looks great.

->>>————–>

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Kirk Peterson! The guy does a awesome job!

gobbler
    Central, MN

WB5-
    I will post before and after pics later when I get home. We call him the “Dumpster Buck” he’s an 8 pt that is 153-155″.

les_welch

Kirk does great work and is a great guy.

I utilize Jack Dodge out of the Eau Claire area. 715-874-5060. When Jack retires in about 3 years Kirk will be getting my business. Jack is also a phenomonal taxidermist and great guy. He actually has 3 animals for me right now…..

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I use Mark Riggoti in Viola MN. He has done a bunch for me and I’ve always been pleased. About a 45 minute drive from Winona. Viola is close to elgin/eyota, about 7 miles north of 14 west. 507-876-2525

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Another vote for Kirk Peterson. He has done some tine repair for me as well and did an outstanding job. One year he also won the WI Taxidermy Pro Division. You (or anyone else) are welcome to come to my house and look at his work. Kirk charges $465 for a shoulder mount, $40 for a cape and $25 (min) or $6 per inch for tine repair.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I use Mark Riggoti in Viola MN. He has done a bunch for me and I’ve always been pleased. About a 45 minute drive from Winona. Viola is close to elgin/eyota, about 7 miles north of 14 west. 507-876-2525

Another vote for Riggoti he does great work, allot of big names in the deer hunting world take all of there work to him, Pat Reeve & Nicole Jones, and Dennis Williams to name a few. Here are a few pics of Marks work but the pics do not do his work justis. The first two bucks are mine and the third one is Elvis

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Thanks for all of the info! I know where to turn now!

We used to take all of our work to our local guy, but his help has been known to ‘lose’ big racks (very interesting how he wasn’t even mentioned by anyone).

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

Thanks for all of the info! I know where to turn now!

We used to take all of our work to our local guy, but his help has been known to ‘lose’ big racks (very interesting how he wasn’t even mentioned by anyone).

Your local(or ex local) guy wouldnt happen to have the initials of TM?

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Your local(or ex local) guy wouldnt happen to have the initials of TM?

Nope. Closer to toilet paper.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I would have to say Kirk Peterson as well. I’ve known him since a kid and it is his PASSION to to great work! I have had all 5 of my deer to him and he has done a great job. He is also a one of the best at antler repair. You won’t regret it!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Scott Schock at River Valley Taxidermy in Blair, Wisconsin has my vote (608.989.2142). Scott did “Gravedigger” for me – which I got back the day before WI gun opener. It was done so well that we took all three of our gun bucks to him also – along with a buck I found dead last January as it will be Euro’d!

lick

Quote:

Scott Schock at River Valley Taxidermy in Blair, Wisconsin has my vote (608.989.2142). Scott did “Gravedigger” for me – which I got back the day before WI gun opener.

Hey Travis how about some pics of Gravedigger the mount

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.