Stands and Cameras

• codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

I finally have found some land in which i will be able to have to myself next year. i have hunted this area once before and seen many good buck signs. i will be planting food plots this spring and will need some stands and accesories ya know, the expensive stuff. thats why im curious as to what stands you guys use and what cameras you have best luck with. id also be willing to buy any stands if you have an extra or two. thanks for the help guys! cant wait for next srpring! so pumped!

lick

I hunt mainly from 17 ft ladder stands

I run Cuddeback Captures and Primos 35 and 46 trail cameras

Congrats on getting your own slice of heaven to hunt

krisko
    Durand, WI

I also run Cuddieback cameras and have a couple of Reconx. As far as stands there are so many and I have to say it depends on whay you want. I hunt in climber stands when I hunt in northern Wisconsin. The trees are straight and have very few branches to deal with, plus if the spot doesn’t work out you can move very easily. I do have a couple of Big Dog tree stands that I had gotten from Menards that have done the trick, but I prefer River’s Edge hang on and ladder stands.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

You do not need to buy the most expensive gear to get quality equipment. I also use mostly ladder stands, the older I get the less comfortable I feel in a portable stand. I picked up two 17″ ladder stands on clearance at Walmart for $59, this is a good time of year to start looking for good deals on stands and other deer gear. For trail cams I run five or the basic Moultrie’s and they work well for me.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Lone Wolf hang ons.
    I have stealth cams and Cuddeback. I am prefering the Cuddeback much better than the stealthcams. Starting to have a bunch of problems with a couple of the stealth cams

asphixiation
    Stillwater, MN

We have a couple Big Game hang on stands and they are really comfortable. We also have a couple Loggy Bayou hang on stands and like them because they are really light. As far as cameras, my brother handles all of those but we get the best pics with the Cuddeback. Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.