Team 13 scores 11 point buck

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

OK… So Im on my way home from work and at 4:15 I get a call from the wife asking if I wanted to hunt while she went to the inlaws to do some Ebay stuff. So I decide to go ahead and grab my bow and a tripod chair and just hide out in the woodline along a bean field.

6:15 pm… I am sitting inside the treeline about 7 feet deep from the bean field edge when I see movement from the left through some scrub. I see a young button buck and mama following close behind. They end up eating beans about 12ft from me. Now earlier in the day I bought my bonus tag, so I was having a fight of conscious about whether or not to take the doe. After my better judgement got the best of me, I decided against it.

6:35 pm… The two deer are still feeding right in front of my face. I hear some crunching coming from the right. I turn my head and see rack. The buck proceeds to put his head down and drive the doe, as if in rut.?.?

6:40 pm… The buck steps right in the dead middle of my shooting lane facing away from me. I draw back undetected and wait for what seemed like an hour (actually about 2 minutes). He turns broadside and I give him a lil stop grunt. He stops and I let the grim reaper fly. The second I let it go he takes a step in my direction. Crap!!! The shot ends up quartering away and decimates the left lung and exits by the rear leg.

7:00 pm… I walk back to the inlaws, call for a buddy to come out, and grab a beer.

7:30 pm… We get out in the field and chase blood. Originally I had thought he’d be better to sit overnight, but when I shot him he seemed to have alot of trouble crossing the woodline into the stand of pines west of me, so I thought we give it a go.

7:45pm… We find him laid up under a pine tree about 45 yards from impact.

What an awesome night. This buck does have a small rack, as do most in my area, but the guy had gray in the face and had next to no teeth left, so no doubt he was a mature buck. TEAM 13 ON THE BOARD!!!

Pics are on the entry post.

lick

Congrats

DANPEARSON
    Central WI

Awesome…good job!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Way to go

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Good job Thanks for sharing the story

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

Nice work……hoping to whack one this weekend….

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

great pic and great story too! Congrats!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

A Huge Congrats!

mf73
    Fountain City, WI

Great buck and story. Way to go!

TeamBurbot

congrats and nice story

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Nice Job!!! I’ll be out trying to hold up my end of the team in Nov.

DaveD1
    Eastern Iowa

Congrats and great job telling the story! Heading to check the pic out now.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your bow buck and kudos to your wife for making that phone call!

DONOTDELETE

Congrats, that is a great story.

jb_fastcat

Great job! Awesome story too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.