2010 IDO Team Deer Hunting Contest

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

It is that time once again boys and girls to sign up for the….

2010 IN DEPTH OUTDOORS & iDoHunting.com’s TEAM DEER CONTEST!!!

To be a part of this years contest, respond to this post here that you want in. Following the IDO tradition, teams of three will be randomly picked just prior to the MN Bow season and a Scoreboard will be posted with the Teams and the members of each team. Who is elgible to enter this Contest??? Anyone that is signed up as a member on iDoHunting.com. It is FREE to become a member, so sign up or get all your friends and family signed up and entered into this very FUN contest. Sign up now to September 15th 2010 to join in on the fun.

PRIZES??????…… There are none, but you do have bragging rights until next year.

Here are the rules for this years Contest:

1) Just like last year IDO will only accept pics taken in the field before the deer is field dressed, if that is not possible see the photo tips below in this post.

2) We are again NOT requiring pics of the deer tags this year as this contest is fun and on a honor system.

3) A maximum of one buck and two does or three does may be entered into this contest by each team member.

4) All entries must be submitted with a photograph of the deer on the IDO Deer Score Board Post (Score Board to follow once teams are selected)

5) Any legal weapon may be used during their set season depending upon states hunted.

6) Any buck harvested by YOURSELF is allowed to be entered into the contest. If you shoot a buck enter it, if you happen to shoot a higher scoring buck for the contest enter that too and the higher scoring buck will be the one counted and added to your team score. Still only one buck counts towards your score, but we are allowing people to enter multiple if they end up shooting a larger one after the first one. This is a Rule change from past years(Each team member may still only count one buck).

7) Adult does (no fawns) only can be entered into the contest for does, except for youth AGE 16 AND UNDER.

8) Points will be awarded for each harvest as follows:
    -Each doe (up to three) entered by each team member are worth 5 points each.
    -Any legal Buck are worth an automatic 10 points plus 1 additional point for each tine 1 inch or larger.

9) This contest is for whitetail and mule deer only.

10) Team members are not allowed to shoot Deer for each other.

**Deadline for Deer entries is January 31st 2011**

Any questions feel free to post them here!!!

IN-DEPTH OUTDOORS & iDoHunting.com wishes everyone a successful and SAFE Hunting Season this year. We look forward to hearing about your hunts, seeing your photos of all the game harvested and memories made in the field.

A GUIDE TO QUALITY DEER PHOTOS

The excitement of finally tagging any deer takes longer to wear off than a roll of film will last in the camera. There are six very simple steps you should follow while taking photos of your Deer harvest.

1. TAKE THE PHOTOS OUTDOORS.

If the deer was brought home before you found someone with a camera, take the deer outside for the photos. Nothing looks worse than a deer on the garage floor with cans, pails, lawn mowers and tires in the background.

2. TAKE THE DEER OFF THE CAR, OUT OF THE TRUNK OR OUT OF THE PICKUP TRUCK. ALSO, TAKE THE ANIMAL DOWN FROM THE TREE AND REMOVE THE ROPE.

These types of pics could be disqualified from the contest and very highly frowned upon.

3. SELECT A NEUTRAL BACKGROUND.

In the excitement of taking trophy photos no one ever looks beyond the animal or hunter. Use an attractive background, like a evergreen tree, a screen of brush or hills and woods for the background. Find a color that will highlight the antlers – not hide them. Don’t let them blend into the background.

4. GET CLOSE – NOW GET CLOSER!

All you need in the photo is the animal and the hunter. Make sure the subject fills the frame. Fill the viewfinder with the subject. Most photos used in the record book have at least 50% of the photo cropped off to remove empty background.

5. POSSIBLY TURN THE CAMERA SO THE PHOTO IS VERTICAL

The hunter and the trophy will fill the frame and eliminate most of the empty background. It is also the format used for magazine covers and most framed pictures.

6. USE A FLASH IF THE SUN IS LOW OR NOT PRESENT

Dramatic results often occur when subjects are highlighted and the background is totally black. All that you see is the desired subject. Be sure to stay far enough away from reflective objects so ghosts don’t start to appear in the background.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m all in!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

In it to win it!!!

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

Iam in..

lick

Sign me up

Can we rename “The enter 2 bucks rule” to “The Gutone4me Rule”

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Put me in Lip. Crossbow this year

I just read that on the fishing side. Sorry to hear it. I hope a speedy recovery is in store!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I’m in! Not a word Gut…not one word!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

I’m in! Not a word Gut…not one word!

I’m also in.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Count me in!

littlefishy
    Ellsworth, WI

Save me a spot!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will try again

phishirman
    Madison, WI

sign me up!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I’m in

witte
    West Salem, WI

Me too.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Why not? I’ll give it a go…

abster71
    crawford county WI

sign me up

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Sign me up!

Tom O.
    Willmar Mn.

Sign me up!

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I’m in. Hopefully this year will be better than last year.

hdmeyer

count me in

derick

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

I’m in.

silverstreak
    West Union, IA

sounds like another opportunity for fun. count me in

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.