Tree Stands?

• Anonymous
    Inactive

I was curious of what everyone thinks on treestands. Do you prefer hang-on stands, ladder stands, or climbers for bowhunting? And how high do you hang your stands if you prefer hang-ons?

proshedhunter
    Alma, WI

Great question, iberg30. I for one prefer ladder stands. It provides a very safe tree stand at a good price. As for height, the higher the better I say. For bow hunting, I normally sit around 22 feet off the ground. What do you use?

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I’ve switched to all ladder stands.17ft is enough for me!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have always used hang ons, typically around 15′ high. I am in the process of checking out a Lone Wolf Climber… a buddy told me, it’s the BOMB I am getting his to try out in my yard before I drop $500

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Typically, I like Hang On Stands. Go Muddy and Lone Wolf stands in particular. Normally I like to be 20-25′ up, but it all depends on the situation.

I do however have quite a few ladder stands that I use. Some areas I cannot get a normal hang on stand in, due to tree size or configuration. For my Ladder stands, I prefer the Muddy stands for 17.5 foot height at the same weight of the 15′ stands. The narrow ladder is less obtrusive in the woods but still sturdy and rock solid.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I like hang ons,, but just bought a climber. I go between 15’18’.

lick

Quote:

I’ve switched to all ladder stands.17ft is enough for me!

x 2 Unless its a spot I want to keep for myself then a loc-on is in order

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

It very’s for me. I don’t always have the ideal tree for what I want. I like a ladder stand if possible but have a few spots I just don’t have a tree they work in so I use hang ons. If I can I will use my climber over both. I have a summit climber and it is by far the most comfotable stand I own. I also feel very safe in it because of the sides. Although short they hold you in. You can also lock your feet in if you want. If I’m planning an all day hunt I will try to use the climber if at all posible.

gobbler
    Central, MN

i love hang-on stands w/ a foot rest. I’m not a big fan of having a ladder come off the tree and i don’t want to make a bunch of noise using a climber…. at least then one’s that i have used. last year i bought a few sets of climbing sticks but still like to use screw in pegs over any other type of system… just my 2 cents

dcolsen
    Linwood, MN

I’m definately a hang-on guy. I like to get up as high as possible when the situation allows for it. But when i’m hunting public property and like to jump around often… it’s hard to beat a climber. Especially when I need to take a nap

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

I put my hang on between 18′ – 25′ up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.