Bucks

• swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Looks like they are stuck on there pretty good yet.

sootie
    arcadia wi,

you are going to knock them off with a 2×4

aitkinguy

that crazy i have saw any bucks with antlers 4 awhile but i guess

lick

UNREAL

Welcome to iDO wmahnke

Nice to see another cheesehead in the house

aitkinguy

thanks been on the fishing side for awhile long while and thought what the heck id rather be waterfowling then fishin so i should be on both

coppertop
    Central MN

Sweet 3rd pic. If they keep it up you should have shed in hand before too long. Had 3 full racks on the cams as of 2/20 also.

TheMidwestHunter
    MN

Quote:

Question? Do you think that the “sparring” that bucks do this time of year is playful? Fighting for food? Setting their hierarchy? RR

All of the above IMO. Sure there are always times where older bucks defend what they want more than others, but there is ALWAYS a defined hierarchy.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Well at least you know that someone else hasn’t found their sheds yet!

They have to be dropping soon – good luck!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

The picture with the two bucks sparring is taken on the edge of a 5 acre food plot. There is a over hanging branch that they are still useing. This is the first scrape that appears every fall or at least that I can find. In some of the pictures I get, it looks like they mean business.

ChrisBressler

Me and a good friend saw 2 bucks with bone on both sides just today, i’ve seen a few in the last week with half of the headgear or just the tell tale white dots on their heads. The week or 2 after Valentine’s day is when i think about looking for the sheds.

ChrisBressler

In my opinion there are year round scrapes or as i call’em community scrapes. Has anybody seen any studies or personally witnessed these community scrapes as i have.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.