Doe’s down

• red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Just wanted to share that our annual South Dakota deer run went great again. As non residents we can only get doe tags for the muzzle loading season. All of us that go only want venison for the table, and the ranchers are more than happy to get rid of the abundance of whitetails. The bucks hadnt lost they’re antlers yet and we saw dozens of them. In 1 1/2 days of hunting we saw 200+ deer. No exageration. Now some may have been the same deer at different times but there definitely is no shortage. During the week prior to our arrival 12 does had also been taken. We got our 7th one to fill out today at 11. Sorry no picks cuz it was @##$%^ cold and I was not about to worry about pulling the camera out. By the time we left the deer were awful spooky. I dont want to ruffle any feathers but apparently the locals all have broken legs cuz there idea of a portable stand has 4 wheels and a motor I’m sorry but we hunt deer for the challenge, the excercise, a little skill, and a good helping of luck to get the job done. Shooting out the window at deer someone else is busting there butt and freezing for is no sport in my opinion. Sorry had to rant a little. Had a fun weekend and now summer sausage sandwiches for work this summer Stay warm everyone!

coppertop
    Central MN

RANT all you want!!!! Hope “those people” have a little engine problem out in the middle of nowhere!!! Congrats on the venison.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats on the success.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Congrats on the hunt!

I don’t get too worked up on the people shooting out their windows as there are slob hunters no matter where you go. You have to feel sorry for them.

I watched a guy in my hometown run a doe down with his truck. This was after firing a .22 into a slew to see if anything was hiding there from the road.

Idiots!

ET

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nicely done Red Lab!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on a successful late season hunt Red lab. And kudos to you for hunting them the right way and not like some of the other hunters that you encountered. Not sure how someone can be proud to tell their family and friends that they shot a deer illegally.

lick

Quote:

Congrats on a successful late season hunt Red lab. And kudos to you for hunting them the right way and not like some of the other hunters that you encountered. Not sure how someone can be proud to tell their family and friends that they shot a deer illegally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.