Late season tips

• Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Although the season is almost over I thought I would just throw this out there for a friendly reminder for those still hunting. These are just a few things I experience the last couple weeks while out hunting.

Like always, pratice with your warm clothes on, and gloves. It may or may not change you point of impact, but its better to know for sure than just guess.

Check and re-check all plastic parts on your bow. Most likely your sights and maybe rest. There is a set screw that holds my pin from moving left to right that is threaded through the plastic part of the sight. The plastic cracked and therefore loosened the set screw, moving my pin. I found that out the hard way after missing a doe at 12 yards by over a foot.

If you have a drop away rest make sure it is functioning properaly every time before you head out. With this recent rain and such it can make them sticky and not want to drop back down.

If you use screw in tree steps, be very careful using them in pine trees. Pines tend to expand and contract more than other trees with the changing of tempatures and your steps can become loose, and fall out when you step on them. Also beware of any ice and snow build up on them and your stand.

I know there is many more things to consider this time of year but these are just a few that I have experienced lately. Good luck to all who are sticking it out to the very end

d.c.o
    Eau Claire,Wisconsin

Great tip’s Eric.

lick

Thanks for the tips Eric

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great tips Eric!

I hunted in the blizzard up just South of Fargo this past weekend. Another good tip is to clean your arrow off in the snow/rain every once in awhile. Otherwise ice builds up on the shaft and it is REALLY loud when you pull back. Besides drawing back when I first get to the tree I pull back a few times during my hunt especially in bad weather just to make sure my bow is functioning properly and no ice builds up making something creek!

Good luck to the rest of you still looking for some meat in the freezer or putting your last moves on MR. BIG!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.