A stalk I wont soon to forget!!

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Great BUCK! Great Story!! Congrats!

newt
    Pillager, MN

That’s the stuff you dream about. Awesome. Great buck.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Great story and great deer. You’re lucky you didn’t get run over!!!

That’s one for the ages.

JacobNohner

6 FEET!!!!great post and pic

neusch303

Quote:

Sunday morning started very slow. Not seeing my first deer til 9am, then I seen a nice buck chasing a doe past me about 80 yards another hour goes by with no other deer seen and my phone was blowing up all morning from guy’s shooting bucks left and right. I decided to get out of my ground blind and head for the top of the hill to see if I could see if that buck chasing the doe bedded in the crp grass. Sure enough there he was tending the doe at 200 yards!! The wind was right and it didn’t take me long to find myself closing the distance on this deer. I took off my pack and boots and slid into the standing corn leading to the last place I saw him. I stood at the spot looking into the grass trying to see where he had gone when I heard a grunt very,very close!! And in the cornfield with me now! I stood motionless until I seen a glimpse of him running and knocking down corn like a dump truck running back and forth and letting out the deepest grunts and growls I ever heard and then he turned and found himself at only 6 feet!Yes 6 feet!!! from the end of my Mathews, With the touch of my release the arrow went through the bucks heart and the beautiful mule kick was the last thing I seen

Excellent story and excellent trophy. Congrats.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Holy cr@p! That is huge!!!!! Awesome pic and story.

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

That is a fantastic story and a great buck.. .. congrats, that will be one for the record books for sure..

Anonymous

congrats nice buck

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice buck! did he come out of the corn before you shot him?

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

great hunt and buck
    ground hunting with a bow can be quite the rush.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.