Making the most of a tower blind.

• HindsiteHunts

Here is our newest blind. We sheathed the frame work of an existing tower blind to give us a 7′ x 7′ blind at the base and a single 4′ x 4′ box at the top. This is one on my favorite blinds and I think many hunters will think so as well.

I will be camo painting the blind in the near future as well as adding a few shelves and a gun rack. This makes an existing tower blind a very universal blind and is handicap accessible.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What a great idea Mark!

Welcome to iDoHunting.com and thanks for sharing your modified tower blind.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

That things sweet, I’d never leave it good luck and welcome to IDO

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

That things sweet, I’d never leave it good luck and welcome to IDO

That is sweet…. Hey 2-Tall I think with that extra top you could even stand up in this one

martysddw
    EC, Wisconsin

Great idea, especially for the hunter with kids along. Thanks for the post and idea! Now all you need is a scent-lok insulation and an outlet for the coffee maker.

HindsiteHunts

Thanks for all the comments. It was easy to build and a hoot to sit in….I’m 6′ 1″ and there is plenty of head room.

I’m going to work on my wagon wheel shooting lanes next. I have a few spokes cleared now and will cut firewood to create several more.

I’m look forward to doing a few more things to the blind including a vent pipe that will run thought the tower and vent most of the human scent away. I also want to replace the wooden crib doors with Lexan . This way I can see and keep most of the heat in during a cold weather hunt. I use a few Buddy heaters in other blinds I have just to take the chill off a long sit.

lick

great blind thanks for sharing

my fat would need a bigger chair thou

HindsiteHunts

Quote:

I agree………..

Just out of view is a swivel seat. You can just make out the green corner of it in the picture.

lick

Quote:

Quote:

I agree………..

Just out of view is a swivel seat. You can just make out the green corner of it in the picture.

you agree i have a fat

there would be a recliner in that bad boy if it were mine wake me up when the deer get here

HindsiteHunts

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree………..

you agree i have a fat

there would be a recliner in that bad boy if it were mine wake me up when the deer get here

As soon as I hit submit I realized how that could be taken.

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree………..

you agree i have a fat

As soon as I hit submit I realized how that could be taken.

HindsiteHunts

Here is another blind I built last year….I actually built two of them and hauled them to the woods with snow on the ground.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Here is another blind I built last year….I actually built two of them and hauled them to the woods with snow on the ground.

That looks like a slick unit, do you possibly have any pics of the inside and can I ask about how much did the materials cost you to build it?

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Great idea on the bottom blind

I wouldn’t mind having either one those to take the kids out hunting with me, Thanks for sharing

HindsiteHunts

Quote:

Quote:

That looks like a slick unit, do you possibly have any pics of the inside and can I ask about how much did the materials cost you to build it?

Here are a few more piucs of this 4′ x 8′ blind with crib doors that open on all side.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

As soon as I hit submit I realized how that could be taken

Hey Hindsite, don’t worry we took a poll and 99% of the IDO Viewing nation agreed that: Gut does have a fat !

Great pictures of the blinds & thanks for sharing!

Has your archery season started out there in Maine?

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Hindsite, don’t worry we took a poll and 99% of the IDO Viewing nation agreed that: Gut does have a fat !

HindsiteHunts

Quote:

Our archery season began yesterday, but after two hard winters and a healthy coyote population our deer herd population is at it’s lowest since the 1970’s!

We can no longer snare coyote’s in Maine for fear of a Federal lawsuit due to the accidental snaring of Canadian Lynx’x and bald eagle.

The anti’s are holding a law suit threat over our deer population and our Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Dept. are bending over and taking it up the ____!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sorry to hear the troubles you guys are having out there.

Antis

lick

Quote:

Quote:

just remember whos fat will be on the cooler your in at the buck party Rob

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

just remember whos fat will be on the cooler your in at the buck party Rob

And that cooler will have some upchuck in it

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Gut don’t blame me, I was only one vote of 1,000’s from IDO Nation.

lick

Quote:

Gut don’t blame me, I was only one vote of 1,000’s from IDO Nation.

i never denied it did i

i never saw the poll

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Your lucky you missed it! The poll wasn’t that bad but the pictures he had of your was enough to make a guy lose his lunch!

lick

Quote:

Your lucky you missed it! The poll wasn’t that bad but the pictures he had of your was enough to make a guy lose his lunch!

HindsiteHunts

Lets see some other stands and blinds……There must be a slew of them to see from our IDO hunting community….

Lets see them!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is a lil fish House that I converted into a deer stand for my aging father that can’t quite cut the cold MN deer hunts after Chemo. Then the other one is a “stump” blind I bought that my lil brother sits in with his Daughter Sierra.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Here is a lil fish House that I converted into a deer stand for my aging father that can’t quite cut the cold MN deer hunts after Chemo.

I like it Rob…”Jigging for whitetails”!

Anonymous

this pic is before I brushed it in. it’s sits in a natural thin funnel. bottom 2 pics are view to the east and southeast, respectivly. been a good spot seen a bunch moving through here, the shooter I’m after on this property comes around those big cottonwoods and works his scrape line around the field edge.

HindsiteHunts

Quote:

Here is a lil fish House that I converted into a deer stand for my aging father that can’t quite cut the cold MN deer hunts after Chemo. Then the other one is a “stump” blind I bought that my lil brother sits in with his Daughter Sierra.

Grat looking tower blind…….Thanks for posting the pics.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.