Trail Cam Picture of the 30 point Shumacher Buck!

• Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

This article appeared in Deer and Deer Hunting:

Breaking! Trail-Cam Photo of Schumacher Buck Surfaces

Deer & Deer Hunting was contacted by the father of an American soldier serving in Iraq who was monitoring the 27-point buck taken recently by Wayne Schumacher. Now that “Mr. Big” has been taken, the soldier shares a trail camera photo of the big buck in velvet.
    The potential state archery record buck killed by Wayne Schumacher also had the attention of other area bow-hunters, we learned today. The Deer & Deer Hunting staff was contacted by Jim Schumacher (no relation to Wayne Schumacher, who killed the deer) whose son is serving in Iraq. He sent in a trail-cam photo of the buck. Here’s what he had to say:

Perhaps an interesting side story to the Wisconsin buck just taken by Mr. Wayne Schumacher* in Central Wisconsin last Sunday!

This buck was being monitored by some of our Wisconsin men serving in Iraq. My son, SGT Theodore Schumacher of A CO 2-127 INF 32 IBCT serving in Iraq sent me earlier this year a photo of this buck. I’ve attached the photo for your use. A fellow soldier of my son’s unit has been monitoring this buck from afar. My son’s unit refers to the buck as “Mr. Big.” They too got word the buck was harvested.

Today I have forwarded your story on to my son so they can share in the success of a fellow Wisconsin archer.

Great job on the buck story by your whole team. I look forward to my next issue of Deer and Deer Hunting magazine.

Sincerely,

Jim Schumacher (Bloomer, WI)

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

I couldnt imagine watching this deer on trail cameras then hunting him Mr. Big is a freak

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

AWESOME!

See guys! There are stories out there of neighboring hunters that are truely happy for the man that took him down whether they know him or not.

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

AWESOME!

See guys! There are stories out there of neighboring hunters that are truely happy for the man that took him down whether they know him or not.

I’ve had two instances in the past where big bucks I’ve been hunting have been shot by guys on the neighboring property. Both times, I took over a twelve pack as a congratulations, and both times, I helped them drink it as I listened to stories about the hunt. Anyone that arrows a big buck gets a pat on the back from me, even if it was a deer I was after and I don’t know them. At least as long as it was legal.

X2

lick

thats a great story glad to hear the other hunters were happy he got it

and wow what a buck

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

AWESOME!

I’ve had three instances in the past couple years where big bucks I’ve been hunting have been shot by guys on the neighboring property. Both times prior, I took over a twelve pack as a congratulations, and both times, I helped them drink it as I listened to stories about the hunt. Anyone that arrows a big buck gets a pat on the back from me, even if it was a deer I was after and I don’t know them. At least as long as it was legal.

x3

Here are the last two bucks that Neighbors shot up in ND that I was hunting and had trail cams of. Had beers with both of them and got to look at the racks and hear about the encounter. This last weekend the neighboring piece just shot a buck I was hunting again, a big heavy 150” 4.5 year old 5×5 off the Pines that I have watched grow over the last 3 Falls. Last year Stacie encountered him as a 3.5 Year Old Heavy Beamed 4×4 and just could not get a shot off. I passed him out of the same stand almost to the day a year learlier as a heavy beamed 2.5 Year old 3×4 as I have video of both these encounters.

More Power and Congrats to them!

HindsiteHunts

Absolutely awesome……….The buck of a lifetime and it will be almost impossible to repeat that kind of success!

Thanks for posting.

lick

welcome to IDO hindsite

HindsiteHunts

Thanks for the welcome…..Looks like a great site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.