2009 iDoHunting.com’s Team Deer Contest Sign Up!!!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m going to get creative for next year and find someone else to pawn that job off on.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

Why does Scott always mark the area on the sled and James does all the drilling?

Scott has been doing this a long time and knows marking a the drill pattern in the snow is much easier than drilling all those holes

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

It is that time once again boys and girls to sign up for the….

2009 IN-DEPTH OUTDOORS & iDoHunting.com’s TEAM DEER CONTEST!!!

To be a part of this years contest, respond to this post here that you want in. Following the IDO tradition, teams of three will be randomly picked just prior to the MN Bow season and a Scoreboard will be posted with the Teams and the members of each team. Who is elgible to enter this Contest??? Anyone that is signed up as a member on iDoHunting.com. It is FREE to become a member, so sign up or get all your friends and family signed up and entered into this very FUN contest. Sign up now to September 15th 2009 to join in on the fun.

PRIZES??????…… There are none, but you do have bragging rights until next year.

Here are the rules for this years Contest:

1) Just like last year IDO will only accept pics taken in the field before the deer is field dressed, if that is not possible see the photo tips below in this post.

2) We are again NOT requiring pics of the deer tags this year as this contest is an on a honor system.

3) A maximum of one buck and two does or three does may be entered into this contest by each team member.

4) All entries must be submitted with a photograph of the deer on the IDO Deer Score Board Post (to follow once teams are selected)

5) Any legal weapon may be used during their set season depending upon states hunted.

6) Your FIRST buck harvested by YOURSELF is the only buck allowed to be entered into the contest (Each team member may only submit one buck).

7) Adult does (no fawns) only can be entered into the contest for does, except for youth AGE 15 AND UNDER.

8) Points will be awarded for each harvest as follows:

-Each doe (up to three) entered by each team member are worth 5 points each.

-Any legal Buck are worth an automatic 10 points plus 1 additional point for each tine 1 inch or larger.

9) This contest is for whitetail and mule deer only.

10) Team members are not allowed to shoot Deer for each other.

**Deadline for Deer entries is January 31st 2010**

Any questions feel free to post them here or PM Rob Stenger or Brad Juaire

IN-DEPTH OUTDOORS & iDoHunting.com wishes everyone a successful and SAFE Hunting Season this year. We look forward to hearing about your hunts, seeing your photos of all the game harvested and memories made in the field.

A GUIDE TO QUALITY DEER PHOTOS

The excitement of finally tagging any deer takes longer to wear off than a roll of film will last in the camera. There are six very simple steps you should follow while taking photos of your Deer harvest.

1. TAKE THE PHOTOS OUTDOORS.

If the deer was brought home before you found someone with a camera, take the deer outside for the photos. Nothing looks worse than a deer on the garage floor with cans, pails, lawn mowers and tires in the background.

2. TAKE THE DEER OFF THE CAR, OUT OF THE TRUNK OR OUT OF THE PICKUP TRUCK. ALSO, TAKE THE ANIMAL DOWN FROM THE TREE AND REMOVE THE ROPE.

These types of pics could be disqualified from the contest and very highly frowned upon.

3. SELECT A NEUTRAL BACKGROUND.

In the excitement of taking trophy photos no one ever looks beyond the animal or hunter. Use an attractive background, like a evergreen tree, a screen of brush or hills and woods for the background. Find a color that will highlight the antlers – not hide them. Don’t let them blend into the background.

4. GET CLOSE – NOW GET CLOSER!

All you need in the photo is the animal and the hunter. Make sure the subject fills the frame. Fill the viewfinder with the subject. Most photos used in the record book have at least 50% of the photo cropped off to remove empty background.

5. POSSIBLY TURN THE CAMERA SO THE PHOTO IS VERTICAL

The hunter and the trophy will fill the frame and eliminate most of the empty background. It is also the format used for magazine covers and most framed pictures.

6. USE A FLASH IF THE SUN IS LOW OR NOT PRESENT

Dramatic results often occur when subjects are highlighted and the background is totally black. All that you see is the desired subject. Be sure to stay far enough away from reflective objects so ghosts don’t start to appear in the background.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Come on Sept. 12th!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Yeah baby!

Let the smack talk begin!

Here’s last season’s teams and results.

2008 Deer Team Entries and Scoreboard

Hey Craig D and Mike Pearson – do you think we will end up on the same team and win it again!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I doubt it Brad…we do have to give the others a chance!

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

This looks like a lot of fun, sign me in

Thanks

Jeff

lick

count me in

hopefully im not the only guy on my team to actually get a deer this year

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yep, Jeff this is fun. Kind gets you to know a few other people on the site and your team.

Count me in!

jorgy
    rochester

Sounds like fun count me in

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

COUNT ME IN I can’t wait

prieser
    Byron, MN

Yep, count me in.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Yep..Im in. This sounds like a blast.

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I, too doubt we will be on the same team. I’m in for the 2009 Contest! Bring on September! Good Luck to all.

budaman
    North Metro, MN

Count me in!! With a 2 month old at home, I won’t get out as much as I’d like to, but hopefully I’ll at least have a chance on a doe or two.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I doubt it Brad…we do have to give the others a chance!

Count me in too!

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

COUNT ME IN

coppertop
    Central MN

Ready to do battle. Count me in.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

sign me up

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I am in! Hopefully will have lots of time this fall with the kids getting a bit older. If my business gets up and running good though I may not see the woods at all this fall, which would be fine if the company takes off!

Can’t wait.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Put me in I am using broadheads this year…

gobbler
    Central, MN

I’m ready to rock. Count me in

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Count me in . I sat out from this last year. But not this year good luck to everyone . An safe hunting

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.