hilarious story from my 08-09 deer season

• AlabamaBT

On the last day of the 08-09 Alabama deer season, I decided to sit at the end of a 450 yard green patch. I had seen 5 bucks on that patch and they had all come out about 100 yards from the side I was sitting on. After Bout 45 minutes a small 4 point came out. This would become a good buck, so I watched it gaze the patch for the next few hours. It slowly exited the patch at the half way point. A few hours later a monster 8 point walked out on the complete opposite side of the patch! Just my luck, right? Despite my best efforts it refused to come any closer. It was becoming too dark to shoot so I put my .270 WSM on my shoulder, put the crosshairs right above his front right shoulder, and slowly squeezed the trigger. After the shot the deer took off, at that distance, I didn’t figure he would run. I knew I missed so I walked to the fourwheeler and went to pick up my friend hunting a few patches down. I arrived to him sitting beside 170 inch 8 point. For Alabama, that’s huge. “the wierdest thing” he said “is it has a fresh wound on it’s butt”. I laughed and told him the story. Neither one of us could believe I actually hit him from 450 yards.

coppertop
    Central MN

Too dark and 450 yrds? I will say a 170″ is a freak of nature.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

AlabamaBT – you have a Private Message.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I would like to see a pic of a 170inch 8pt its got to be a tank

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

A 170″ 8 pointer is very big, Id like to see a picture too.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That’s H U G E for anywhere !!!!

AlabamaBT

Sorry guys:
    A couple things to clear up!!!
    1)it wasn’t too dark to shoot
    2)it was an ethical shot because I use handmade loads made for long distance shooting
    3)It was a typo when it said 170 inch. It was 117

Sorry guys!!
    Thats what you get when you post a story from your ipod touch.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for clearing it up AlabamaBT!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.