Monster Iowa buck killed during 1st shotgun season

• Bob Bowman
    MN

I shaved this AM….

Happy Holidays

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks Brian ,very Mery Christmas to your family as well and hope your holidays are safe and joyous ones .

PS.
    How in the world did you know I got 2 new custom made St.croix ice rod combos for Xmas.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Merry Christmas guys/gals! I’m looking forward to seeing you all again. Best wishes this holiday season!

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Merry Christmas
    every wiskered one
    IS IT APRIL 1ST YET

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Merry Christmas to all the Ollie chasers out there. I gift wrapped a Golden Flathead for all of you.

Before we know it, the season will be upon us.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hey…..Briank……I resemble that remark
    Same to ya from a “white-pole” guy
    Happy Holidays to everyone

rdmil

That is a HUGE buck….wish they had the hunt on there though

luv2fish
    Marion, IA

Hey Brian…did you get dried out after the Prairie due Chien tourney this summer?

rdmil

no lol now im confused on who u are? knno a few people from iowa lol

rdmil

Nevermind Adam IT was funner than heck fishing down there with ya…think my arms still hurt from all the fish we caught

big_head_basher

I got this photos of it. Was hunting in Taylor County Iowa near Bedford.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

DANG!!!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Im not trying to stomp on this post or start anything, but im just telling/mentioning what ive heard about this buck Apparently this deer was known to a lot of locals in the area, sheds were found, pictures of him in velvet, etc. The day of the kill, 20-30 guys THOUGHT they had permission to hunt a property but it appears that they were wrong They did a drive and the buck was shot. I know that the CO was involved and it was said that if the neighbor found a gut pile on their land, they could press charges…..thats all i know right now and im just throwing out information here…I found this stuff on iowaoutdoors.com if you guys are interested to read a 15 page post

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

50% of what we hear there is BS anyways!

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

that is straight up disgusting! what a deer!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

just telling/mentioning what ive heard about this buck

I agree with z71, sadly when anyone shoots a a monster buck like this the rumors start flying and the majority of them are not true. IMO these rumors are started by hunters who are jealous and wish they were the one who shot a buck of this caliber. It is better not to post what we heard if we do not have the facts as that just keeps the rumors flying, it is sad that as sportsmen they can not be happy for someone who bags a trophy buck.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

That IS really one awesome looking Buck, Very impressive.

Jack.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Take a look at the hills and valleys the first county up from Missouri the length of the state border, I use mapquest and the 7th bar from the top and use aerial view. Im familiar with Jefferson and Van Buren countys, any of the countys along the Missouri border are good places to hunt deer. This is real rural Iowa with a low population and plenty of places to hunt. Darn good rabbit, quail and coyote hunting besides the deer. This is the portion of the state where theres quite a few bobcats now.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.