should i

• lick

shoot this buck given a chance not sure what the growth is

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

You would probably be doing him a favor in the long run but I wouldnt eat it

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Send the pic to the DNR and see what they have to say about the deer, they might even want to see the deer if you get it.

troy_vinson
    South Beloit ,Illinois

Massive tumor, cyst. infection. I have seen this in a deer by me huge tumorous and fibrous growth, Shot the deer and donated it to the wildlife biologists. They reported back to me that it was a fibrous growth /tumor. Do the deer a fovor and put it out of its misery.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I know Bruce B had one coming into his yard with an arrow sticking out of it’s head, and the DNR told him to put it down next time he saw it. And he did. It was skin and bones…

coppertop
    Central MN

Gutone, Not sure if I can make that call but this is a pic I snapped opening morning of firearms season in NW MN. This was a young buck with some sort of growth hanging down on his brisket. It’s hard to see in the pic but watching through my binos I could see it sway back and forth as he walked. It was roughly the size of about a 3/4 canteloupe(sp?) I’ve seen pics of deer with growths in the same area. I have no idea what it means???? I let him walk.

Anonymous

I wouldn’t use my buck tag on him, cause I wouldn’t eat the meat. that looks nasty, get a free tag from the DNR, show em the pic, then shoot him.

sfh450
    Hudson

We had a doe on the trail cams that had a tumor that was down to her front knees. No one saw her but we had all made the call we would put her down and donate her to the dnr for study.

lick

quick update on this guy got a few pics of him from this last week pretty cool i thought still not much for headgear but the tumor popped least i think its the same buck

edit man i grow a mean food plot

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.