Hitchin’ a Ride

• gobbler
    Central, MN

Got this at work today… it said “the deer had to eat a knife at the end” somewhere in ND

Lip, you know this guy?

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

OMG

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Lip, Is this a ND hunting tactic you might wanna try! Maybe a last resort.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s a bummer of a way for a nice Buck to go!!!!!!

the_grump
    Le Center

Boy I’d hate to see what his legs looked like.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

WOW! And we think we can drive deer out of the corn??? When a monster machine with lights won’t even get him up!

Anonymous

probally good to get those stupid ones out of the herd, if he didn’t see or hear that coming may not want him breeding. but hey what do you expect from North Dakota! haha

big_g
    Isle, MN

He must have thought it was a Green Machine…. Terrible way to go I gotta imagine…. you can see the cou’de’grau on the neck…

big G

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No, I don’t but I will keep that tatic in mind this wekeend when I’m up there. I think there is still corn up yet.

The good thing is it is adjacent to us, so there mightbe increased traffic in our area.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

don’t tell me he cut his throat

rdmil

WOW Never seen that before. What a way to die

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

And to think he wasn’t even taken out by a John DEERE!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

don’t tell me he cut his throat

You’ve never seen/heard of this before??

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

no i have, i could never do it though I would have gone back to the farm and gotten a gun or something…i think thats crewel

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m not sure how it’s any less humane than shooting a deer with a bow/broadhead. I would think the first priority would be to put the animal down as quickly as possible vs. driving around looking for a gun.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’m not sure how it’s any less humane than shooting a deer with a bow/broadhead. I would think the first priority would be to put the animal down as quickly as possible vs. driving around looking for a gun.

I agree, theless suffering the better IMO.

Although, I do not know many a farmer that don’t carry a rifle in the combine, just in case.

spindlebreath
    Twin Cities

This should be a good example for all of us to how patient these mature deer can be to deer drives, and or people kicking through the woods. Grant it a combine is a little extreme, but their ability to avoid us is quite amazing when we think of it. We were pushing a small section of woods years ago, and we had our pushers about 30 yards apart. towards the end I could just make out something, it was a bucks antlers dropping. He wasn’t 20 yards from me and he was laying down with his head up. The movenent I seen was him dropping his head to the ground and hiding from us. A mere 20 yards away! They are smart as heck to say the least!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.