Thank you rage broadheads

• Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Hard to say till you pull it apart and see what damage there is.Seeing this is the second time you had problems it may be time for a new motor but it would depend on the cost of a new motor vs a cost of a rebuild.Sounds like you will need more than a piston and rings this time around.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

If your using this for commercial use.. spend a few bucks more and just swap the motor. You can probably go with a larger motor than what is on it now if you desire if that will increase the life of your machine. I personally wouldnt bother rebuilding after locking it up twice if my paycheck depended on it… A new machine is still going to cost the same when you are broken down in a customers driveway for the 3rd time.

Tip.. Change the oil often and run at lower RPM’s when possible.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Thanks for the input guys, I think I just need to bite the bullet and spend the 400 bucks and throw a new motor on the thing.

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Good Job! Jason

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

get rid of it and buy a new one. The extra money spent isnt worth the hasle of having problems in the middle of a snow storm. If it is used for comm. work. Thats what I would do. I wouldnt want to be the guy explaing to my customers ya the side walks arnt done but…. i say this speaking from experiance, I have bought a new truck cause of an accident I was in. Better than loosing a customer.
    my 2 cents.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Forget rebuilding and install a New motor. With thwe price blowers today you cant go wrong with new mootor if rst of the blower is in good shape..If you have a Nothern Hydraulics(sp) store close ,look there for replacement motor.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Give Jason Meyer at Stoughton Lumber a call, 873-4145. See what he can get you for a motor or rebuild. I’ve purchased a new Dixon zero turn mower and a new Ariens snowthrower and have been pleased with their service and their prices too. Jason might not be in ’til Monday, but with the snow we’ve had he might be working some Saturdays.

jorgy
    rochester

Well this is my first bow kill ever. So I was pretty pleased. Second let me be the first to say I made a horrible shot. But it only ran about 60 yards.

I got out in the stand at daylight Saturday. I was going to make it a short day because my dad and sister were coming out to inspect there stands and do a yardage inspection. well I heard some deer right away in the morning but they never came out. Finally at 5 min. to 8 a basket snuck up on me and was getting ready to smash the decoy. He smarted to posture up and head toward the decoy. I was waiting for him to destoy it. Nope walks up and licks its ear and slowly begins to circle it. Now he postures up again hes walking face to face with it. Now he going to smash it. Nope wrong again now he licks his mouth and walks away and plays in the woods about 50 yds away. So after he is gone I get out the horns and just start smashing them for about 20 seconds then do a series of grunt, than hit the can. It took about 10 minutes for this guy to make it up the pinch point and out in the field. When I first saw him I saw the bladed g2s and the crooked g3 and knew he was a shooter. So I waited for him to cross one trail and go through some brush to the field. He took no trail through the woods he saw that decoy and charged as fast as he could. Needless to say I couldn’t draw back till he was in the field. Of course when I drew back my arm hit the tree so I had to slide up the tree and draw at the same time and I was spotted. Now at my house on the target 5/6 full lung killzone at 30 yds. But nothing can prepare you for when one of these comes running out. So i put the 30 yd pin on him and let it fly. It was in slow motion and once again I thought another miss when will this end. All of a sudden thump and I see the arrow sticking out of him and the up and down looks perfect. I can see hes wobbling but jumps over the fence wobbling a little more than I loose him. Now I’m shaking I’m calling everyone I can. know ones answering, ever hunting show I’ve ever watched is going through my head. Should I go look or should I just leave and come back later. Why won’t anybody answer there phone.
    Finally my buddy answers and tells me to go look at the blood smell it and meet me at the farm. So I had bright red blood smell was normal so I was little better. So I went and met him, we went back up there crossed the fence and started seeing bubbles in the blood next thing we know there he is my first deer with my bow. Its been a long time coming.
    To finish out the story while I was up in the tree freaking out I saw a much large 12 or 14 run about 90 yds from me at first I thought it was mine but he was wide. Than 40 min. after I shot mine I had two giant coyotes come in I asssume they where on that blood already. But man do they have good eyes I drew back and they were gone. So I took him to a taxedermist and he said hes been fighting with a much larger buck because he had scrape marks on his neck also a hole in the ear from last year. When I took him to the locker he caped him right away and said he thought he had a horn hole in his rear legs that was a couple of days old. He might have been the bruiser of county. NOW I HAD HIM SCORED BY AN OFFICAL POPE AND YOUNG GUY LAST NIGHT. LETS SEE IF YOU GUY ARE CLOSE ILL POST IT LATER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING. Thanks everyone on here for all the great insight. I may not post everyday but I read 4 or 5 times a day.

Andy88
    Rochester, Mn

congrats on your first bow kill!!!! i am gonna have to take a guess that he scored 128

yodeldog
    Farmville, MN

Congrats on your first bow kill. The first one is a tough one. I’ll guess in the low 140’s

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Thats an awesome buck!!!!! Great story and sounds like a double lung Im going to say 135″. A true beauty

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Congrats on the buck!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

nice buck! I will say gross 134 and net 130

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Rage broadheads are awesome Congrats. 130

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice buck Jorgy, nice looking tines! congradulations!

thegun
    mn

Ill guess his score based on the fact that you look very proud of that deer and anyone would be! 300 inches!

way to go! great looking deer!

gobbler
    Central, MN

Great Buck!!! and great story… Congrats on your 1st deer w/ a Bow!! I would have to say the buck will Gross in the the 130-135″ area and Net in the 125-130″ area. It all depends on the deductions.

Either way its a great deer

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

That’s a great first bow kill!!! Congrats!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

that is a great buck and a great story, congrats on the first bow kill…I would guess 136 – 143

FishnFire

I also was fortunate to get my first buck with a bow this morning. at 735am he came by. i shot at 12 yards and im glad i bought the rage broadheads, he ran 30 yards and dropped. 10 pointer, my biggest by far!feild dressed 180 pounds.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Congrats thats a awesome story 125inch

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

very nice buck

FishnFire

thank you. i saw him 70 yards off walking away from me, and i gave 4 doe bleets and he turned 180 degrees and was driectly under my stand in 2 minutes, grunting with every step. he broke his g1 but on his right side but other than that hes a nice deer.

12pt
    Wisconsin

Nice job, nothing like drama is there. I’ll guess 130 net

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

nice deer and welcome to the site Was a good weekend to be out

FishnFire

thank you. ya the guy who has land next to ours shot a 8 this morning too, just about the same time as mine. the bucks are moving in the duluth area.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

awesome buck!

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

nice bucks, both of you guys!!
    jorgy, your deer’s g3s look longer than the g2s!!!

freitag
    Osseo, WI

Great story and first deer Jorgy…..same to Grant. I give it 131″ net

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Congrats Grant on a GREAT first bow kill buck.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.