Locked Bucks

• midwesthunter

Has anybody else noticed the large amount of bucks that have been found locked up? I know it happens every year, but this year it seems like there are more. Here is a cool story of what is suppose to be the largest buck ever shot while locked up. I believe it was Iowa?

Story of Locked Bucks

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

These bucks were taken here in Cedar Rapids (city bucks)this last fall by a local bowhunter. It was on the TV news here, he was going to have them mounted on a rotating table for his basement.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Couple of very NICE Bucks.
    If there is a follow up story, could you do a post with the scores, and a few pics of the finished mount….
    thanks,
    Jack..

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Hey Jack, how would you get an acurate score on 2 locked bucks like that……not being smart an honest question. I would think it would be extremely tough, wouldn’t it?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

If I hear anything about thier measurements and anything else I’ll post what I heard. If I knew the guys name I’d call him and ask him a few questions.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Brad,
    Yes It is very difficult, you really have to take your time, to ensure to NOT make any mistakes, and just proced thru the measuring process…
    Jack..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.