A Real Giant! Net Booner Bow Buck

• Phunnyfarm

Beautiful animal! Boy SE Minnesota sure is bringing in the giants this year!

Can you say where in Olmstead County you got him? I’m from down there (living in Mpls now though) and am curious.

Congrats!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I know I posted already, but I have went back and looked at those pictures about 5 times today

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Can you say where in Olmstead County you got him?
    Congrats!

No.
    Thanks for all the thumbs up all.

Not too much of a story to it all. Up until that night I hunted 24 +/- mornings and evenings consecutive. I passed up a ton of dinks, and many ok ones. I almost had a crack at another good one a few nights before tagging this one but he didn’t finish.
    The only sighting I had of this deer was one week before. I was not holding out for him though, just saw him and that was it.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

That is one of the most beautiful archery bucks I have ever seen!congrats and nice shooting.

riverfan
    MN

Wow Eric! I was in WI all weekend and just heard about you buck today. Thats an awsome deer! Match that with a huge bucket mouth next summer.

John

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

That is a dream buck there congrats!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Eric,
    Really an awesome Buck.
    I sent you a PM to answer some of your measuring questions, but for everyone else.
    If Eric’s buck nets 180 score, it would be about 80th on the All-time list for typicals, and in that same list, it would be about the 10th biggest by Archery. (In the MN Record Book).

Truely a Great Deer.
    WOW….
    Jack.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

The numbers I posted with this thread, 191″ gross and 178″ish net is the smallest we’ve got yet. Its all about where a guy draws a line you know. These numbers I’m sure will be within an inch one way or the other of what I’ve posted. Hopefully the up side.

JerryRuffolo

That is one awesome animal!!! Congrats!!!! It convinces me that not pulling the trigger this year and hunting as much as possible is the right thing to do!!! I’ve got some good ones by me but I don’t think they are that big!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Jerry!!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

That is one truely amazing buck Eric

ncarlson203

Boy I wish everyone could figure it out like Jerry…….

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Wow!!!! Truly amazing animal. Congratulations!

Jami

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Thanks everyone. Its been a cool experience.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Like Scott, I kept going back to look at it…WOW!!!!
    Great Buck!!!!

gobbler
    Central, MN

1 word sums it up for me “AMAZING”
    Congrats

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Great job Eric. At least you didn’t have the squealing tires on the car scare it off or the ground shrinkage the next day like my neighbor Jim. You know him!!

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Congats Eric.Hope I get to see them horns in person some time. I thought you said you didnt hunt Lester’s anymore

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

ya, I got it at lester’s.

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.