A Real Giant! Net Booner Bow Buck

• eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I took this great buck on Novemeber 22. My Thanksgiving buck I guess. I had to skip out early on the family, but it turns out it was worth it.
    I took him with bow and arrow in Olmsted county, MN.

I taped him and had a few others tape him. 191″ gross. Seems like he will net 178″ish. 21 1/2 spread, 27″ mains. 5+ on all the mass measurements.

safeatsecond
    Rochester, MN

An absolute monsterright here in Olmsted county….and I drive over an hour to hunt Houston County! Congratulations on a true trophy.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Awesome buck Eric!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Congrats Eron.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Honestly, how could you draw on a buck of that calibre????

I am positive my bottom jaw would be at my feet, my eyes would be watering, and the rest of my body would have went into shock.

That is an AWESOME buck. Congrats

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yeah, what Wats said !!! Holy Crikey, he’s huge !!! Now what do you hold out for ???!!!

big g

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I have buck fever just looking at those pictures. My arrow would have landed in the the next county.

The is a great deer.
    Congratulations

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Honestly, how could you draw on a buck of that calibre????

I am positive my bottom jaw would be at my feet, my eyes would be watering, and the rest of my body would have went into shock.

That is an AWESOME buck. Congrats

Luckily it happened too fast to have all that time to start to worry and get nervous. I am thinking from the time of first seeing him till the time I shot couldn’t have been 25 seconds.

coppertop
    Central MN

Whoa, Congrats on one hog of a buck, those don’t come around too often, OK never! Way to go!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Congrats! That is what I was after this year…you did a heck of a lot better than me!! All it takes is 1 minute in the right spot, and your whole year comes together. I love those quick shots, that come out of no where, and you don’t even have time to get buck fever, instinct just sets in.

Congrats on the buck of a lifetime!

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Congrats on the buck of a lifetime!

Thanks. I am fully aware, I won’t probably get another like this again. It is a buck of a lifetime. 3 days later here its still not set in yet.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice buck, Nice mass, tines and mainbeam. Nice shooting!

gregh
    s.e. minn

These photos are great but I had the honor of helping eric haul this beast out of the woods and that deer is a GIANT!!!! Great JOB. Eric earned that buck with the amount of time he spent on stand this fall.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Awesome buck!! I think my buddy may have last years sheds of that deer. Way to get em with the stick and string

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Holly buckets Eric!!!
    What a monster Congrats on you buck of a life time.
    Did you enter the big buck contest at Archery Headquarters?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I was pre entered in that.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I was pre entered in that.

Good luck you should have a good shot at winning that, did you enter any other buck contests? What did he dress out at for weight?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I went to Gander and its only based on weight there with the tie breaker going to rack size. Kinda stupid I think but whatever.
    Believe it or not it field dressed at 165 pounds.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Did they tell you by chance what the best weight was so far?

BobD

holy crap thats a nice buck you must have a horse shoe up your

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Did they tell you by chance what the best weight was so far?

No, I just left. Didn’t ask.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

165# dressed is still good sized. He has probably been running hard chasing does and kicking the snot out of every buck that crossed his path It also looks like he put a lot of growth into antler alone. Just think, that dude has some offspring that is running around and will have more genes on the ground this spring

deertracker

Great buck. It’s nice to see that you took the time for a photo shoot. I wish I was better at making sure That I took some good pics before I cut the deer up.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Congrats Eric! What a true monster!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Wow, that is an amazing buck. After spending the last 3 days in the stand, I can REALLY appreciate that buck

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

A truly awesome buck Eric! I would love to hear the story on how you got him. Did you see him before? Congratulations!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Holy smokes, that thing is HUGE. If you mount it right, you could use that rack as a chair!!!

Excellent work Eron, and congrats!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great buck!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Buck of a lifetime! Way to go!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.