Look at this Buck

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

This is one of the bucks that was taken by a guy in our group. Thought it was pretty cool so I will share it with you guys

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

Interesting to say the least.

Looks like one worthy of getting out of the gene pool.

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

I wonder if the deer had an injured rear leg. I saw a hunting show one time that said that the antlers will grow like that when the opposite rear leg is injured. So it may not be bad genes but something else.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

I wonder if the deer had an injured rear leg. I saw a hunting show one time that said that the antlers will grow like that when the opposite rear leg is injured. So it may not be bad genes but something else.

It almost looks like there could have been damage to the pedicel(sp). Look at how the horn comes out lower than the other side. Could very well have been head trauma.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Here is another cool buck. Don’t know the story behind it but it looks like a drop out of his eye socket. I would sure put him on my wall!!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

It almost looks like there could have been damage to the pedicel(sp). Look at how the horn comes out lower than the other side. Could very well have been head trauma.

I beleive that the buck in the top picture had been injured. The base of the horn looked infected and the deer stunk, but that could have been because the guy gutting it had a little trouble

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would say he won the fight, but lost an eye in the battle.

big g

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

If the deers right horn did the same as it’s left, he’d look like Jan Stenerud

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That was my thought as well, thanks for sharing that Zach

Quote:

Interesting to say the least.

Looks like one worthy of getting out of the gene pool.

Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

That looks like it was going to hurt.

coppertop
    Central MN

Zachary, Just wondering if the antler was solid or was it just hanging there? I had one of that exact size come into my decoy a few years ago and he had the same deal. It looked like it could have been just hanging there but passed on him so I’ll never know.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

It was growing out of the side of his face and fully connected

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.