binocs choice

• witte
    West Salem, WI

Hi All,

It’s time to spend a little $$ on a new pair of binocs. I’ve always used the $50 type for bowhunting but am sick of guessing how big the bucks are at dawn and dusk. Any opinion on what to get?? Any real good binocs in low light conditions? Hoping to stay at or under $300. Getting itchy for for bow season!!

Thanks,
    Dave

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

With that price Range these are perfect.

Nikon Monarch ATB’s 10×42.

The Nikon Monarch ATB’s are the Best Bang for your buck if you ask me. Some people prefer the 8 power or the 12 Power. I like the 10’s. I like the 42mm ones because they are compact and light weight enough for bow Hunting, but still let a TON of light in. I also believe they come with a 25 year No Fault Replacment/Repair Warranty.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

With that price Range these are perfect.

Nikon Monarch ATB’s 10×42.

The Nikon Monarch ATB’s are the Best Bang for your buck if you ask me. Some people prefer the 8 power or the 12 Power. I like the 10’s. I like the 42mm ones because they are compact and light weight enough for bow Hunting, but still let a TON of light in. I also believe they come with a 25 year No Fault Replacment/Repair Warranty.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Burris is another one that uses high quality glass and won’t put that big of a dent in your pocket. I have a pair and love them!!

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Burris is another one that uses high quality glass and won’t put that big of a dent in your pocket. I have a pair and love them!!

ncarlson203

I second the monarchs, bought a pair last year, I’m very happy

ncarlson203

I second the monarchs, bought a pair last year, I’m very happy

shayla

I agree with Rob’s recommendation of the Nikons…in that price range. Having said that, I also believe in 5-6 years you will be wondering about the Swaro’s and Leicas, so why not just bite the bullet and get the best there is right now before the prices go up any more? Not trying to be smart, but speaking from experience.

shayla

I agree with Rob’s recommendation of the Nikons…in that price range. Having said that, I also believe in 5-6 years you will be wondering about the Swaro’s and Leicas, so why not just bite the bullet and get the best there is right now before the prices go up any more? Not trying to be smart, but speaking from experience.

witte
    West Salem, WI

Thanks for the info!

How much extra $$ are you talking about??

Thanks,
    Dave

witte
    West Salem, WI

Thanks for the info!

How much extra $$ are you talking about??

Thanks,
    Dave

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Iam with rob on the nikon. unless your hunting out west or somthing . i dont see any need for any better than them.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Iam with rob on the nikon. unless your hunting out west or somthing . i dont see any need for any better than them.

coppertop
    Central MN

NIKON MONARCH, You absolutely will not be dissapointed!!!

coppertop
    Central MN

NIKON MONARCH, You absolutely will not be dissapointed!!!

witte
    West Salem, WI

Thanks for your field-tested opinions guys!! Monarch it is. I’m buying myself a bday present this weekend.

witte
    West Salem, WI

Thanks for your field-tested opinions guys!! Monarch it is. I’m buying myself a bday present this weekend.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve had the Nikon Monarchs for 4-5 years now. Very nice for the money.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve had the Nikon Monarchs for 4-5 years now. Very nice for the money.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Monarchs are great- the only other pair I suggest are the scheels brand 10X42 they are made by the same company that makes Nikon- The only difference is the warranty- I am not sure how exactly Nikon’s warranty works, but scheels works like this: If you aren’t completely satisfied with the product, you get a refund, or a new pair, on the spot, as long as they are in stock. The reason I went with the Scheels brand over Nikon, is because if you have a pair go down on you during the middle of the rut, you don’t want to be waiting 2-4 weeks to get a new pair mailed to you after you send your pair back in. Now, maybe Nikon has an in-store replacement program- but when I was choosing binocs, they didn’t. You were required to send them in.
    I actually had a strap break on my scheels binocs last fall, middle of the season, and they fell 25 feet, and hit my lonewolf climbing stick, shattered into a million pieces. That night I had a new pair exchanged at the scheels store, and I was using them the next morning. I can’t beat that type of service, nor that type of commitment of a company standing behind their product.

On the other hand, don’t pick up a pair of swarovski’s while you are in the store, or you will wish you hadn’t! TRUST ME!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.