Is Scent Blocker a crock?

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Ok Scott I’ll take the route everyone else is.

Evinrude Sucks they are a piece of Junk.

How do I know this??? I’m not sure, I never used one. But it is different from the old 2 stroke motor therefore it is a crock. I have no idea what I’m talking about but Evindrudes are a crock and all should believe me.

If you don’t believe me, just ask The Mercury or Yamaha Engineer (ie THE CHEMIST)

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I smoke and and cook bacon in my stand. I have deer climbing up the tree to find out what’s going on.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I smoke and and cook bacon in my stand. I have deer climbing up the tree to find out what’s going on.

gregh
    s.e. minn

I told ya this was going to be good!!

gregh
    s.e. minn

I told ya this was going to be good!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Not sure if this one qualifies. 154″ main frame 8 point. Shot while on the ground at 25 yards wearing orange. This buck walked down the same trail I did getting to my position. First light with no other hunters in the area. So he wasn’t pressure and running for deer life when I dropped him. He walked in casually and stopped broadside. When I cut him up, the wad from the shotgun slug was embedded into his shoulder. I seen this deer the day before but I was not in the right position. The next morning I set up and he came right down the same path. Luck? Maybe, but I don’t think so. Location and observation had more to do with the kill than the clothes I was wearing.

Great Buck!! I think we all have a story such as this.. (mine not as large as yours!) However, we all know that deer can be the smartest ……………and the dumbest animals on the planet. And i’m not only talking rut here. We’ve all been there where you just cannot believe it that the deer is still standing there like nothing is going on (directly down wind(. Thinking,, what is going on here!!?? How can he/she not pick up on me? My point is that if there’s a chance that it will help even a small percentage, it’s worth the $$$ to many people. I don’t own any, cause I don’t stink.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Not sure if this one qualifies. 154″ main frame 8 point. Shot while on the ground at 25 yards wearing orange. This buck walked down the same trail I did getting to my position. First light with no other hunters in the area. So he wasn’t pressure and running for deer life when I dropped him. He walked in casually and stopped broadside. When I cut him up, the wad from the shotgun slug was embedded into his shoulder. I seen this deer the day before but I was not in the right position. The next morning I set up and he came right down the same path. Luck? Maybe, but I don’t think so. Location and observation had more to do with the kill than the clothes I was wearing.

Great Buck!! I think we all have a story such as this.. (mine not as large as yours!) However, we all know that deer can be the smartest ……………and the dumbest animals on the planet. And i’m not only talking rut here. We’ve all been there where you just cannot believe it that the deer is still standing there like nothing is going on (directly down wind(. Thinking,, what is going on here!!?? How can he/she not pick up on me? My point is that if there’s a chance that it will help even a small percentage, it’s worth the $$$ to many people. I don’t own any, cause I don’t stink.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

For the record-I did own a set of scent block clothes. But, I didn’t feel it gave me any advantage over practicing scent control with myself and my regular hunting clothes.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

For the record-I did own a set of scent block clothes. But, I didn’t feel it gave me any advantage over practicing scent control with myself and my regular hunting clothes.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe it didn’t motivate you, to pay attention to it. It doesn’t me either, but I won’t discount the effectiveness because of my inability to utilize it correctly. Sounds like Lip is using it correctly, and looking at some of his pic’s, it is working to a degree.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe it didn’t motivate you, to pay attention to it. It doesn’t me either, but I won’t discount the effectiveness because of my inability to utilize it correctly. Sounds like Lip is using it correctly, and looking at some of his pic’s, it is working to a degree.

big g

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Wow! That post gave me a new perspective, very nice post!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Wow! That post gave me a new perspective, very nice post!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks Steve, and whitetails4ever Could not have been said better.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks Steve, and whitetails4ever Could not have been said better.

big g

herefishyfishy
    MN

I have to put in my two cents. I have used carbon clothing for six years now and have had plenty of awesome bow seasons. I use the same prehunt routine for STRICT scent elimination I did before I started with the carbon clothing. I keep a baking soda and water tuperware in my truck for mouthwash which is the last thing I do before I step into the woods. (overboard?) The carbon clothing is just another thing to help further my scent elimination process. I believe it works better than just plain clothing, how much who knows. Like rip said any bit of advantage helps. I have been keeping some pretty detailed journals from my bow season hunts and according to them I have seen alot more deer since the switch. That being said some of the increase in deer sightings is probably due to me being a smarter hunter also. All in all anything we can put to our advantage no matter how big or small is a no brainer for me in my pursuit of HIM.

herefishyfishy
    MN

I have to put in my two cents. I have used carbon clothing for six years now and have had plenty of awesome bow seasons. I use the same prehunt routine for STRICT scent elimination I did before I started with the carbon clothing. I keep a baking soda and water tuperware in my truck for mouthwash which is the last thing I do before I step into the woods. (overboard?) The carbon clothing is just another thing to help further my scent elimination process. I believe it works better than just plain clothing, how much who knows. Like rip said any bit of advantage helps. I have been keeping some pretty detailed journals from my bow season hunts and according to them I have seen alot more deer since the switch. That being said some of the increase in deer sightings is probably due to me being a smarter hunter also. All in all anything we can put to our advantage no matter how big or small is a no brainer for me in my pursuit of HIM.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Right ON Fishy Fishy!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Right ON Fishy Fishy!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yep Fishy Fishy is right on. Kind of like selling a house. Do enough little things and you increase your chances a ton!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yep Fishy Fishy is right on. Kind of like selling a house. Do enough little things and you increase your chances a ton!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

All in all anything we can put to our advantage no matter how big or small is a no brainer for me in my pursuit of HIM.

I would have to agree with you and Rob all these little things do add up I just do not want anyone to think that they can just go out and get a Scent Blocker suit and think that that’s all they need to do, they still also need to add in all the other little things that Rob talked about.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

All in all anything we can put to our advantage no matter how big or small is a no brainer for me in my pursuit of HIM.

I would have to agree with you and Rob all these little things do add up I just do not want anyone to think that they can just go out and get a Scent Blocker suit and think that that’s all they need to do, they still also need to add in all the other little things that Rob talked about.

paul follmer
    any where there biting

who here beleives in global warming?

I use scent loc. I think the only thing it does for ME is lower my human scent out put enough to put mr big at ease long enough for me to slice his heart and lungs. I too take every precaution I can to remain scent free and believe it works for me,however I am too dumb to know what fools a whitetails nose,ears,and eyes, therefore I take as many precautions as I can with a limited budget. The funny thing is it works and I have killed deer every year. I start my deer planning early aroiund May or June, I shoot alot of arrows and tune my equipment. I also read alot about hunting, and I study my quarry I want to learn everything I can about deer, elk,whatever animal I am hunting. I dont lack confidence and I dont lack opinions either, what upsets me about this thred and topic is!!!

Why couldnt I have thought of this carbon clothing that causes so many to lash out. I could sit back and lite my cigars with $100 bills and read these replys.

This has been an informative debate and truly I did enjoy reading all the replys. Does it really work??? I personaly dont know, and by the time I get to the deer he/she is dead and I cant ask them if they smelled me before they felt the deep pain of my Rage broad head shot from my hoyt bow with the trophy taker arrow rest, and seen thru my meta peep on my vapor trail strings and cables while in my Gorilla tree stand, wearing my scent loc clothing.Sounds pretty good doesnt it. its marketing at its best, and since we live in this free country we are able to make a living anyway we want. for me I bought my scent locs long ago, and when weather permits I still wear them. Does it help again I believe so. But again I have taken deer with out too.

So again I ask do you believe in global warming? for me again I am too stupid to know I just enjoy this day the good Lord gave me, and at night I ask for one more day.

Lets all have a safe hunt, shoot straight gun or bow, be sure of your target, and if you get to your animal before it dies ask if it smelled you before it dies, keep track of our answers and lets all post them at the end of the season.

paul

paul follmer
    any where there biting

who here beleives in global warming?

I use scent loc. I think the only thing it does for ME is lower my human scent out put enough to put mr big at ease long enough for me to slice his heart and lungs. I too take every precaution I can to remain scent free and believe it works for me,however I am too dumb to know what fools a whitetails nose,ears,and eyes, therefore I take as many precautions as I can with a limited budget. The funny thing is it works and I have killed deer every year. I start my deer planning early aroiund May or June, I shoot alot of arrows and tune my equipment. I also read alot about hunting, and I study my quarry I want to learn everything I can about deer, elk,whatever animal I am hunting. I dont lack confidence and I dont lack opinions either, what upsets me about this thred and topic is!!!

Why couldnt I have thought of this carbon clothing that causes so many to lash out. I could sit back and lite my cigars with $100 bills and read these replys.

This has been an informative debate and truly I did enjoy reading all the replys. Does it really work??? I personaly dont know, and by the time I get to the deer he/she is dead and I cant ask them if they smelled me before they felt the deep pain of my Rage broad head shot from my hoyt bow with the trophy taker arrow rest, and seen thru my meta peep on my vapor trail strings and cables while in my Gorilla tree stand, wearing my scent loc clothing.Sounds pretty good doesnt it. its marketing at its best, and since we live in this free country we are able to make a living anyway we want. for me I bought my scent locs long ago, and when weather permits I still wear them. Does it help again I believe so. But again I have taken deer with out too.

So again I ask do you believe in global warming? for me again I am too stupid to know I just enjoy this day the good Lord gave me, and at night I ask for one more day.

Lets all have a safe hunt, shoot straight gun or bow, be sure of your target, and if you get to your animal before it dies ask if it smelled you before it dies, keep track of our answers and lets all post them at the end of the season.

paul

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

For what its worth, i own a full suit, the light under ware, the dream season suit, gloves, hat, and always wear rubber boots. ive had so many on the ground encounters with deer under 5 yards its sick. when you could of reached out and grabbed a 2 year old 8 point bucks antlers i think the stuff works just a bit. You cant put teh gear on and expect to just walk through the woods sit down and see deer. You still need to do your homework and learn your deer.

spray some perfume on a peice of paper, go to your local suppler of Scent blocker and put the perfume inside the leg of a pant and then smell the other side, you wont smell it. to that shows that it works somewhat enough to make me invest in it.

the clothes have all the pockets and gadets on them that are perfect for bow hunting and i believe they give me the condfidence to stay out in my stand loner.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

For what its worth, i own a full suit, the light under ware, the dream season suit, gloves, hat, and always wear rubber boots. ive had so many on the ground encounters with deer under 5 yards its sick. when you could of reached out and grabbed a 2 year old 8 point bucks antlers i think the stuff works just a bit. You cant put teh gear on and expect to just walk through the woods sit down and see deer. You still need to do your homework and learn your deer.

spray some perfume on a peice of paper, go to your local suppler of Scent blocker and put the perfume inside the leg of a pant and then smell the other side, you wont smell it. to that shows that it works somewhat enough to make me invest in it.

the clothes have all the pockets and gadets on them that are perfect for bow hunting and i believe they give me the condfidence to stay out in my stand loner.

Viewing 29 posts - 151 through 179 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.