2007 Trail Cam Pics

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The little guy came in for a close UP!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I have given some Moultrie cameras the I40 and the I60 a try and can’t say enough about them. Awesome cameras for a lot less then the Cuddes. Both of them have the Infared Flash along with movie capabilities and detailedd information about when the pic was taken.

fishsjj

LTT,
    Hopefully, I will be able to get more detailed pictures of this nice buck. Until then, I will just have to guess how many points, etc.

Lip,
    I, too, have started using a Moultrie trail cam. They seem to be just as good (if not better) than any camera I have used. I really like them and you can’t beat the price.

fishsjj

Post deleted by Scott Steil

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Can someone tell me which Moultrie you guys are using? What are they running? I’m still stuck in the 35mm age Time to pgrade to a digital.

fishsjj

Brian,

The one I have is 4.0 pixels and does not have a display to look at the pictures it has taken, while in the field. I just take out the card and replace it with another.

They do make a 6.0 pixels which does have a display so you can look at your pictures in the field.

The 4.0 is $219 and the 6.0 is $299. These prices came from Cabelas.

It is time to go digital! Good Luck.

sjj

fishsjj

Brian,

The one I have is 4.0 pixels and does not have a display to look at the pictures it has taken, while in the field. I just take out the card and replace it with another.

They do make a 6.0 pixels which does have a display so you can look at your pictures in the field.

The 4.0 is $219 and the 6.0 is $299. These prices came from Cabelas.

It is time to go digital! Good Luck.

sjj

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What Fish Said. I have one 4.0 pixel which is the I40 and one 6 Pixel which is the I60. They both have the infared flash also.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What Fish Said. I have one 4.0 pixel which is the I40 and one 6 Pixel which is the I60. They both have the infared flash also.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I saw an add for one last night on REALTREE® ROAD TRIPS™ with Michael Waddell, I can not remember the brand but you could look at the pics off your computer without ever stepping into the woods, I think this is done by satellite and I imagine that they are very spendy.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I saw an add for one last night on REALTREE® ROAD TRIPS™ with Michael Waddell, I can not remember the brand but you could look at the pics off your computer without ever stepping into the woods, I think this is done by satellite and I imagine that they are very spendy.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Those cameras will also depending final decision from B&C and P&Y but most liekly negate you from both of them.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Those cameras will also depending final decision from B&C and P&Y but most liekly negate you from both of them.

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Do you guys think that the infared flash is worth the extra cash as compared to the standard flash? Also would you prefer the 6 volt batteries or 6 d bateries in a camera?

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Do you guys think that the infared flash is worth the extra cash as compared to the standard flash? Also would you prefer the 6 volt batteries or 6 d bateries in a camera?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

With the Moultrie I40 or I60 you get the Infared cheaper then the regular flash of the Cudde. The trigger speed is pretty fast, the Cudde is still faster, but I have not missed a shot yet. With those Cudde Back commercials the guy walks in front of the cameras by about 1-2 yards. Just be sure to set the camera off the trial some what and have your inteneded trail at least 10 yards out.

IMO, yes the Infared is worth less chance of spooking the Deer. Especailly @ $200 for a 4 mega pixel camera.

With the Moultire Unit, the 6 D batteries is suppose to last 150 days. I would be happy with half that.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

With the Moultrie I40 or I60 you get the Infared cheaper then the regular flash of the Cudde. The trigger speed is pretty fast, the Cudde is still faster, but I have not missed a shot yet. With those Cudde Back commercials the guy walks in front of the cameras by about 1-2 yards. Just be sure to set the camera off the trial some what and have your inteneded trail at least 10 yards out.

IMO, yes the Infared is worth less chance of spooking the Deer. Especailly @ $200 for a 4 mega pixel camera.

With the Moultire Unit, the 6 D batteries is suppose to last 150 days. I would be happy with half that.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Awesome!! Great pics from both of you. Getting pumped up!!

herefishyfishy
    MN

Awesome!! Great pics from both of you. Getting pumped up!!

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Thanks for the info! Great pics by the way!

jtimm
    Mora,MN

Thanks for the info! Great pics by the way!

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

The Moultrie I40 is a great camera especially for the price. I have gotten a few whiteout pictures with them in the night mode but I contacted Moultrie and they have a firmware upgrade coming out later this month to fix the issue. Watch their website for details if you have experienced this issue also. I got a good deal on mine off ebay.

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

The Moultrie I40 is a great camera especially for the price. I have gotten a few whiteout pictures with them in the night mode but I contacted Moultrie and they have a firmware upgrade coming out later this month to fix the issue. Watch their website for details if you have experienced this issue also. I got a good deal on mine off ebay.

scottsteil
    Central MN

This was from last year. This little button buck has the same white leg markings of a really nice 2 1/2 year old buck taken a couple year ago.

scottsteil
    Central MN

This was from last year. This little button buck has the same white leg markings of a really nice 2 1/2 year old buck taken a couple year ago.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Same buck this year, he is a nice little 8 point but still growing. You can see the leg markings in this picture. I am sure though the bow/gun/muzzy season I saw this same deer 200 times. Hopefully I can babysit him through a couple more seasons

It is the deer in the front, the back one is 2 1/2 this year. I have been babysitting that one too

scottsteil
    Central MN

Same buck this year, he is a nice little 8 point but still growing. You can see the leg markings in this picture. I am sure though the bow/gun/muzzy season I saw this same deer 200 times. Hopefully I can babysit him through a couple more seasons

It is the deer in the front, the back one is 2 1/2 this year. I have been babysitting that one too

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey Scott…let me know when you need someone to “babysit” for you when you’re gone!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hey Scott…let me know when you need someone to “babysit” for you when you’re gone!

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 447 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.