2007 Trail Cam Pics

• Love to Troll

This 8 has pretty long tines, but it’s tough to tell how wide he is…

Love to Troll

This 8 has pretty long tines, but it’s tough to tell how wide he is…

Love to Troll

This might be the same 8, I’m not sure.

Love to Troll

This might be the same 8, I’m not sure.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Up until 4 years ago our land was heavily hunted and there were not many bucks 130 class bucks. Our efforts are really beginning to pay off.

Just goes to show that QDM does work, I tip my hat to you Steve

Keep those awesome pics coming

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Up until 4 years ago our land was heavily hunted and there were not many bucks 130 class bucks. Our efforts are really beginning to pay off.

Just goes to show that QDM does work, I tip my hat to you Steve

Keep those awesome pics coming

Love to Troll

I think one huge key, more so than our behavior, is educating/enlightening the neighbors. Anywhere there is timber or cover on a fenceline with one of our neighbors, there tends to be a treestand just across the fence, some pointed into our property. There’s not much we can do about that, but we have very politely introduced ourselves to all neighbors and let them know what we are trying to do (i.e. QDM and habitat development). We have shared game cam pics with them, and they have seen the trend towards bigger and bigger bucks. Not everybody has come around to our way of thinking, but most have and are beginning to pass on smaller bucks. In fact, the largest deer in our area have been taken off of property directly adjacent to ours.

The one thing we have earnestly tried not to do is sound preachy; we respect everybody’s right do hunt the way they wish, but our hope is that by sharing with them the positive results of letting the little guys grow up that others will begin to emulate our practices.

So far, it seems to be working! Hopefully CWD doesn’t wipe out a good thing.

Here’s a few from today from the film cams.

Love to Troll

I think one huge key, more so than our behavior, is educating/enlightening the neighbors. Anywhere there is timber or cover on a fenceline with one of our neighbors, there tends to be a treestand just across the fence, some pointed into our property. There’s not much we can do about that, but we have very politely introduced ourselves to all neighbors and let them know what we are trying to do (i.e. QDM and habitat development). We have shared game cam pics with them, and they have seen the trend towards bigger and bigger bucks. Not everybody has come around to our way of thinking, but most have and are beginning to pass on smaller bucks. In fact, the largest deer in our area have been taken off of property directly adjacent to ours.

The one thing we have earnestly tried not to do is sound preachy; we respect everybody’s right do hunt the way they wish, but our hope is that by sharing with them the positive results of letting the little guys grow up that others will begin to emulate our practices.

So far, it seems to be working! Hopefully CWD doesn’t wipe out a good thing.

Here’s a few from today from the film cams.

Love to Troll

Wow Fishsjj! If that guy is a 10 pointer he’s somethin’ else! LONG tines! Nice buck!

Love to Troll

Wow Fishsjj! If that guy is a 10 pointer he’s somethin’ else! LONG tines! Nice buck!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome Pics Guys.

Here are a few on a camera I have out on our Property just north of McGregor.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome Pics Guys.

Here are a few on a camera I have out on our Property just north of McGregor.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

The little guy came in for a close UP!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 447 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.