2007 Trail Cam Pics

• Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I did a mock scrape and got these 4 bucks to come in. What do you think the inside spread is on the wide 12 pointer? 22? 23?? 24??? Not much for tine length but he is definitely wide.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I did a mock scrape and got these 4 bucks to come in. What do you think the inside spread is on the wide 12 pointer? 22? 23?? 24??? Not much for tine length but he is definitely wide.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Wow wide is right Brad!!!
    What kind of camera are you using?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

These pics all came from a no flash Moultrie 6.0 mega pixel with a picture viewer.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

These pics all came from a no flash Moultrie 6.0 mega pixel with a picture viewer.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

That is one wide deer…if I had a pic of that on my property i would never sleep…good luck huntin him down…Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

That is one wide deer…if I had a pic of that on my property i would never sleep…good luck huntin him down…Jay

thegun
    mn

have bow!!!
    Will travel!!

Looks like hes a full ear length outside the ears! bet that deer is pushing 26″

only one way to know for sure! get him on the ground!

thegun
    mn

have bow!!!
    Will travel!!

Looks like hes a full ear length outside the ears! bet that deer is pushing 26″

only one way to know for sure! get him on the ground!

coppertop
    Central MN

Brad, The million dollar question. What are you using on your mock scrape for scent? That wide boy is one of dreams and I think his long beams and width make his tines look shorter than they probably are. BTW I was serious about the question as I’ve never had great luck with mocks and I’ve tried a variety of scents.

coppertop
    Central MN

Brad, The million dollar question. What are you using on your mock scrape for scent? That wide boy is one of dreams and I think his long beams and width make his tines look shorter than they probably are. BTW I was serious about the question as I’ve never had great luck with mocks and I’ve tried a variety of scents.

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

Brad – I noticed you have quite a bit of white in some of your pics. Have you had problems with whiteout pictures? If so you can download an update for your camera from here Download Moultrie Whiteout Fix I did it for mine and it made a world of difference.

yeahmon
    Winona, MN

Brad – I noticed you have quite a bit of white in some of your pics. Have you had problems with whiteout pictures? If so you can download an update for your camera from here Download Moultrie Whiteout Fix I did it for mine and it made a world of difference.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Oh goodness!!

24″ 25″…………..26″?? Isn’t it right to follow ears tip to tip at 16″?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Oh goodness!!

24″ 25″…………..26″?? Isn’t it right to follow ears tip to tip at 16″?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Bradley WOW!

Are we hitting the Pond next Friday????

Yeahmon, I have 2 Moultires that I do have problems with White ot from time to time. Thanks for the link!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Bradley WOW!

Are we hitting the Pond next Friday????

Yeahmon, I have 2 Moultires that I do have problems with White ot from time to time. Thanks for the link!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Brad, The million dollar question. What are you using on your mock scrape for scent?

I start out by not using any scents at all when making a mock scrape. The key is that I’m just trying to get one buck to check it out. Then hopefully, he will urinate in it and then it gets checked out by others. It has all to do with:

1) Location – I like to make a mock scrape on a trail near their core bedding area but never near my stand site.

2) High Visibility – I like to put the scrape where it is very easy for them to see from different trails. Deer are curious and will check it out if they see it.

3) It must have a licking branch. I try to use a branch that already exists but sometimes I tie one on. I like to use an oak branch with a lot of leaves on it and tie it so it’s 4-5 feet off the ground.

4) I like using a stick when making the scrape and I never use my boot.

There are some great tools out there for doing this. Here’s a scrape tool that I saw in Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine. I’m thinking about ordering it. Anybody else tried it yet? scrapemaker

Yeahmon – thanks for the moultrie update link! I already have the new software loaded.

Rob – PM will be sent soon.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Brad, The million dollar question. What are you using on your mock scrape for scent?

I start out by not using any scents at all when making a mock scrape. The key is that I’m just trying to get one buck to check it out. Then hopefully, he will urinate in it and then it gets checked out by others. It has all to do with:

1) Location – I like to make a mock scrape on a trail near their core bedding area but never near my stand site.

2) High Visibility – I like to put the scrape where it is very easy for them to see from different trails. Deer are curious and will check it out if they see it.

3) It must have a licking branch. I try to use a branch that already exists but sometimes I tie one on. I like to use an oak branch with a lot of leaves on it and tie it so it’s 4-5 feet off the ground.

4) I like using a stick when making the scrape and I never use my boot.

There are some great tools out there for doing this. Here’s a scrape tool that I saw in Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine. I’m thinking about ordering it. Anybody else tried it yet? scrapemaker

Yeahmon – thanks for the moultrie update link! I already have the new software loaded.

Rob – PM will be sent soon.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Nice pictures! That third buck (running) looks like he could be a stud as well. Just from the photo he looks to be wide as well.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Nice pictures! That third buck (running) looks like he could be a stud as well. Just from the photo he looks to be wide as well.

JaredRathbun
    Becker, MN

Great deer.. I’m guessin 27″

JaredRathbun
    Becker, MN

Great deer.. I’m guessin 27″

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Down here the talk is 17″ from tip to tip on a mature deer ear to ear. It looks like another 6″ to 7″ on both sides so 17″ plus 12″ to 14″ so I come up with close to a 30″ spread, pretty nice spread! Whats everybody else see,,,

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Down here the talk is 17″ from tip to tip on a mature deer ear to ear. It looks like another 6″ to 7″ on both sides so 17″ plus 12″ to 14″ so I come up with close to a 30″ spread, pretty nice spread! Whats everybody else see,,,

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

looks to me that he was doing a little fighting It also looks that he might have a split brow next year if he makes it. But to me it looks like his testosterone levels are rising, you know what that means…

If you look at the daytime photo……..the estrogen level in the does is up too……..she is urinating on the scrape in front of the tree. Later that night, there were 2 bucks at the tree, one at each of the 2 scrapes under that tree.
    Sure wish the big boys would start coming around. I have an earn-a-buck tag left from last year, but I think I’ll have to take a doe yet to ensure I have one left for gun season.

June

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

looks to me that he was doing a little fighting It also looks that he might have a split brow next year if he makes it. But to me it looks like his testosterone levels are rising, you know what that means…

If you look at the daytime photo……..the estrogen level in the does is up too……..she is urinating on the scrape in front of the tree. Later that night, there were 2 bucks at the tree, one at each of the 2 scrapes under that tree.
    Sure wish the big boys would start coming around. I have an earn-a-buck tag left from last year, but I think I’ll have to take a doe yet to ensure I have one left for gun season.

June

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 447 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.