New bow came home today!!

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I finally made a decision, after shooting the Trykon last season I was less than impressed so it was time to make a switch. I’ve shot probably every bow on the market since last March, everything from the Drenalin(which is sweet)to the Vectrix(also nice) to the Bowtech,Diamond, Parker, Ross,Browning you name it!! I’ve shot it. After about 500 arrows the winner was the X4 Mission made by Mathews. I can not tell you how impressed I am with this bow. I love it. After making a mistake and rushing it last year I really put this bow through the ringer. It is definately a price point bow but it is definately a shooter! I couldn’t forsee spending 1800 bucks for the Drenalin when this sweet little bow performed so well. It also comes with Mathews full lifetime warranty, so how could you go wrong! I can’t wait to see how it performs in the woods. Boy I thought I had the itch before! Time to get her dialed in!

X4 Mission

Michael Wadell Extreme 4 pin fiber optic sight

Schaffer drop away rest

Doinker 5″ stabilizer

Gold Tip Hunters

Rocky Mountain 3 blade broadheads

289fps @67lbs

29 inch draw

3.85 lbs

33″axle to axle

7″brace height

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

At what poundage are you getting that speed? I shoot a McPherson Accu-Max @ 73lb (locked down limbs), 357 gr arrow (Easton ACC total weight with 100 gr Thunderhead). I can consistantly get in the mid 290’s. What sucks is I am 6’5″, and they had to custom build me a draw length of 34″. Lots of arrow required to make it to the rest.

Regardless, that is one fast machine. Enjoy.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

At what poundage are you getting that speed? I shoot a McPherson Accu-Max @ 73lb (locked down limbs), 357 gr arrow (Easton ACC total weight with 100 gr Thunderhead). I can consistantly get in the mid 290’s. What sucks is I am 6’5″, and they had to custom build me a draw length of 34″. Lots of arrow required to make it to the rest.

Regardless, that is one fast machine. Enjoy.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

That’s at 67lbs, Dan. 34″ draw? That WOULD take some serious arrow length. The bow is advertised for 310fps, but we all know that never happens!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

That’s at 67lbs, Dan. 34″ draw? That WOULD take some serious arrow length. The bow is advertised for 310fps, but we all know that never happens!

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I know, sasquatch.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I know, sasquatch.

micah-witham
    Richfield

congrats on your new purchase, it’s always fun to get new toys. i’m waiting on a new macbook pro to be delivered next monday hopefully.

micah-witham
    Richfield

congrats on your new purchase, it’s always fun to get new toys. i’m waiting on a new macbook pro to be delivered next monday hopefully.

halielynn1

You were better off with last years bow! Hoyt Rocks!

halielynn1

You were better off with last years bow! Hoyt Rocks!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thank you String Gun for your unbiased and informative post. You are obviously very educated and no doubt in the upper echelon of todays society. Although I do not speak for everyone here on IDA, I’m sure I will learn an immense amount of information from you. Please do not hesitate in cramming as much info, tips, and suggestions in future replies!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Thank you String Gun for your unbiased and informative post. You are obviously very educated and no doubt in the upper echelon of todays society. Although I do not speak for everyone here on IDA, I’m sure I will learn an immense amount of information from you. Please do not hesitate in cramming as much info, tips, and suggestions in future replies!

coppertop
    Central MN

Looks like the year of new bows. Congrats on the new purchase! All I can think of is the amount of running around and back and forth it took to finally chose the right one. Looking forward to alot of deer hunting posts right around the corner.

coppertop
    Central MN

Looks like the year of new bows. Congrats on the new purchase! All I can think of is the amount of running around and back and forth it took to finally chose the right one. Looking forward to alot of deer hunting posts right around the corner.

rangerski
    North Metro

Good call Brian, I did the same thing 3 years ago, the Matthews legacy took my money and I have killed 2 big black bears and 7 deer so far, In true Love Good shootin to ya bro!!

rangerski
    North Metro

Good call Brian, I did the same thing 3 years ago, the Matthews legacy took my money and I have killed 2 big black bears and 7 deer so far, In true Love Good shootin to ya bro!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

the Matthews legacy took my money

Same here

Man, I’m getting more jacked every single day adn do I love that Legacy.

Congrats on your new purchase. Now you just have to wait for Mr. Big

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

the Matthews legacy took my money

Same here

Man, I’m getting more jacked every single day adn do I love that Legacy.

Congrats on your new purchase. Now you just have to wait for Mr. Big

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

ALL THIS BOW TALK GETS A GUY PUMPED.I DONT HAVE A NEW BOW(SAME ONE FOR 9 YEARS NOW) BUT STILL LOOK FORWARD TO SHOOTING AT THE TARGET AND GETTING IN THE WOOODS,OLD TRUSTY TEDDY HASENT LET ME DOWN YET.NOW MECH BROADHEADS THATS ANOTHER STORY.NOTHING BUT FIXED FOR ME FROM NOW ON.

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

ALL THIS BOW TALK GETS A GUY PUMPED.I DONT HAVE A NEW BOW(SAME ONE FOR 9 YEARS NOW) BUT STILL LOOK FORWARD TO SHOOTING AT THE TARGET AND GETTING IN THE WOOODS,OLD TRUSTY TEDDY HASENT LET ME DOWN YET.NOW MECH BROADHEADS THATS ANOTHER STORY.NOTHING BUT FIXED FOR ME FROM NOW ON.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Todd don’t feel bad. I’m still shooting an old reliable Grampa Fred Bear that I bought in the early 70’s. I did switch to carbon arrows. It ain’t pretty, fast, short, light weight or made from space age materials but it puts meat in the freezer.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Todd don’t feel bad. I’m still shooting an old reliable Grampa Fred Bear that I bought in the early 70’s. I did switch to carbon arrows. It ain’t pretty, fast, short, light weight or made from space age materials but it puts meat in the freezer.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am pumped too, but I pulled a muscle in my back, moving a couch. Did it a week ago yesterday, and I am still whincing. I must be getting old…. I want to start shooting in the worst way, but I think one draw and I would have to start over nursing this thing.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am pumped too, but I pulled a muscle in my back, moving a couch. Did it a week ago yesterday, and I am still whincing. I must be getting old…. I want to start shooting in the worst way, but I think one draw and I would have to start over nursing this thing.

big g

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

DONT NEED A SPACE AGE BOW TO KNOCK THEM DOWN.AFTER 2 YEARS USING MECH BROADHEADS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND 2 DEER BECAUSE OF LITTLE BLOOD TRAIL AND NOT MUCH PENITRAION DUE TO DEFLECTION I WENT BACK TO FIXED AND KNOCKED THEM DOWN JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS.NEITHER DEER WENT MORE THAN 25 YARDS BEFORE EXPIRING. NOW THATS WAHTS ITS ALL ABOUT QUICK AND HUMANE AND A FREEZER FULL OF TASTY MEAT

todd_miller
    Houlton, WI.

DONT NEED A SPACE AGE BOW TO KNOCK THEM DOWN.AFTER 2 YEARS USING MECH BROADHEADS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND 2 DEER BECAUSE OF LITTLE BLOOD TRAIL AND NOT MUCH PENITRAION DUE TO DEFLECTION I WENT BACK TO FIXED AND KNOCKED THEM DOWN JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS.NEITHER DEER WENT MORE THAN 25 YARDS BEFORE EXPIRING. NOW THATS WAHTS ITS ALL ABOUT QUICK AND HUMANE AND A FREEZER FULL OF TASTY MEAT

big_g
    Isle, MN

I too do not use mechanicals anymore, for the reasons you stated. Sabre Tooths here !!

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

I too do not use mechanicals anymore, for the reasons you stated. Sabre Tooths here !!

big g

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I totally agree that it doesn’t take a new bow to drop a deer. I actually shot my Browning Blood Brother for 9 years and whacked many deer with that bow until the limbs started to crack! I wanted to find a bow that I could shoot for a number of years and with a lifetime warranty I can sleep at night. The price of these things are unbelievable to say the least.
    As for broadheads, I used to shoot expandables too but wasn’t getting the blood trails I was used to. Back to good old fixed blade for this guy!I’m not saying they don’t work cause they do, but for my piece of mind I like to know I’m cutting on contact everytime I release an arrow! I’m not sure my nerves can wait any longer, I need to seek some professional help. These last couple of cool nights really stirred something up!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.