Bow hunters with a valid buck lic left for MN

• Slam

I have a wounded monster buck thats on are hunting land.This bucks well over 30″ wide.7 on his right side and 3 on his left.Main beams are well into the mid 20’s mass around 6″ base

This buck will probly die this winter from age/being wounded.If he makes it another year i’m sure he’ll end up with not much of a head gear

My problem is we dont have any buck tags left nor have i been able to find anyone that has a bow lic buck tag left

So heres the deal,i have 2 stands set to take out this buck about 60 yards apart.You pick 1 i’ll sit in the other.If the buck walks by you take him out and put it on your wall.If he walks by me i get to use your tag and put it on my wall.I’m 99% sure he will come out in the evening by 1 of the 2 stands

He only has 3 legs and my best guess is he’s 7 1/2 years old.Back in October this buck was well into the 260lb weight class and now he’s about 160lbs skin and bones.

My best guess is from the center of his forhead to his right beam is about 20-22 inches from the center of his forehead to the left beam is about 12 inches so thats 32 inches inside spread min.Right side will score around 105-110″ left side has maybe 60″

Here is a not so good pic of him but you can see the outline of his rack and it’s wide

mjd

where are you located.

mjd

where are you located.

HYBES
    SE MN

Yes I have one,wheres your location?

HYBES
    SE MN

Yes I have one,wheres your location?

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

My son has one and my brother has one……send me a note.

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

My son has one and my brother has one……send me a note.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Good one Just enough info to get somebody fired up… You need to get out more, I know about 30 guys, I could call in a heartbeat, that would help me out of this situation… Nice try, looks like some are biting…

big g

G—are you sayin we are being suckered??

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Good one Just enough info to get somebody fired up… You need to get out more, I know about 30 guys, I could call in a heartbeat, that would help me out of this situation… Nice try, looks like some are biting…

big g

G—are you sayin we are being suckered??

shayla

Quote:

big g

No kidding! Hey 8 Pointer, if you were shaking half as bad at the shot as you were when you took the picture it’s easy to see why he’s wounded. I’ve heard of wounded deer going a long way, but yours appears to have hobbled all the way to south Texas?

shayla

Quote:

big g

No kidding! Hey 8 Pointer, if you were shaking half as bad at the shot as you were when you took the picture it’s easy to see why he’s wounded. I’ve heard of wounded deer going a long way, but yours appears to have hobbled all the way to south Texas?

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Quite the first post.

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Quite the first post.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

I just figured a smart guy would cough or fart if that buck was heading over to him!!

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

I just figured a smart guy would cough or fart if that buck was heading over to him!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

big_g
    Isle, MN

Post deleted by big G

theduck

Is it even legal to bow hunt that way in MN? In Iowa it would be illegal and we allow party hunting during the shotgun seasons. If he were to kill the deer could someone else even tag it? Is it legal for him to even bow hunt without an unfilled tag? I am assuming that once his tag is filled for bow hunting that his season would be over. I may be assuming the wrong thing here but it sounds like it might be illegal. in Iowa it would be! You can not bowhunt in Iowa without a valid tag. Once you have your tag or tags filled you are done bow hunting.

theduck

Is it even legal to bow hunt that way in MN? In Iowa it would be illegal and we allow party hunting during the shotgun seasons. If he were to kill the deer could someone else even tag it? Is it legal for him to even bow hunt without an unfilled tag? I am assuming that once his tag is filled for bow hunting that his season would be over. I may be assuming the wrong thing here but it sounds like it might be illegal. in Iowa it would be! You can not bowhunt in Iowa without a valid tag. Once you have your tag or tags filled you are done bow hunting.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

In MN its legal to party as long as everyone is using the same weapon. you couldnt have 3 guys with guns and two guys with bows doing drives. Now im not sure if that means the person with no tags left can even be out there tho.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

In MN its legal to party as long as everyone is using the same weapon. you couldnt have 3 guys with guns and two guys with bows doing drives. Now im not sure if that means the person with no tags left can even be out there tho.

big_g
    Isle, MN

yes you can be out there. you just need to be within earshot of each other. no tag is fine, as long as you have a license.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

yes you can be out there. you just need to be within earshot of each other. no tag is fine, as long as you have a license.

big g

Slam

Well some of us work different hours then others

I’m located south central

Were not the ones who wounded the buck.With the pressure down the road this time of year the big boys end up on this piece of property

Heres why no one i know has any tags left

I’m not here to brag.I’m here to find aperson willing to come along and get a 50/50 crack at this deer before he ends up back in the neighbors land after the season.

Leave a e-mail addy or a phone number on here i’ll get ahold of you in the morning.It will just cost you gas to get to my house.I’ll cover the rest

Slam

Well some of us work different hours then others

I’m located south central

Were not the ones who wounded the buck.With the pressure down the road this time of year the big boys end up on this piece of property

Heres why no one i know has any tags left

I’m not here to brag.I’m here to find aperson willing to come along and get a 50/50 crack at this deer before he ends up back in the neighbors land after the season.

Leave a e-mail addy or a phone number on here i’ll get ahold of you in the morning.It will just cost you gas to get to my house.I’ll cover the rest

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

Looks like you have enough…..you should let me son take him and add to his great first fall of hunting!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.