Thanksgiving morning hunt!!!!

• rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Got to my land early and set the new lone wolf climber in the middle of a dried up swamp…saw several deer only one little 6 pointer within range..enjoyed playin with him with the grunt call…anyway i was ready to get down and heard something walkin about 10 yrds from me…and there it was ..the BIGGEST most most proud male creature ive ever seen…i pull back and it has no idea im there…i take my time as im gettin nervious it will see me…i pull my release and let the arrow fling….whap…perfect shot it drops in its tracks…i get down to check out the trophy…this was my first ROOSTER ive ever shot with my bow..not a big buck but itll do…i call the wife and the first thing she says is “how high was it” I tell her it was on the ground and she wasnt all that impressed…so i gotta shoot one flyin..ya right..in order to impress her..usually roosters are more spooky then the fox…so i thought it was pretty cool…anyone else have any luck thanksgiving morn?? have a great day…Jay

eyebuster
    Duluth

Shot at a few myself with no luck the seem to never sit still for me and I used to wreck broadheads now I bring a field tip with, never know what will walk by when you get bored!!

eyebuster
    Duluth

Shot at a few myself with no luck the seem to never sit still for me and I used to wreck broadheads now I bring a field tip with, never know what will walk by when you get bored!!

coppertop
    Central MN

You had me going there for a minute!! Good luck this w-end!

coppertop
    Central MN

You had me going there for a minute!! Good luck this w-end!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

That is awesome RVRAT!! I have shot a few with bow and arrow! I saw a beautiful buck thanksgiving morning…It was a mainframe ten pointer with splits on EVERY tine, so it was a typical twenty- I am guessing 3.5 years old, it will be fun to meet up with him next year or the year after…

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

That is awesome RVRAT!! I have shot a few with bow and arrow! I saw a beautiful buck thanksgiving morning…It was a mainframe ten pointer with splits on EVERY tine, so it was a typical twenty- I am guessing 3.5 years old, it will be fun to meet up with him next year or the year after…

big_g
    Isle, MN

i fell hook, line and sinker… nice shot

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

i fell hook, line and sinker… nice shot

big g

01bullitt
    Cedar Falls, IA

went out to a good friends pheasant reserve and shot the out of them killed 4.. all in all we had over 40

01bullitt
    Cedar Falls, IA

went out to a good friends pheasant reserve and shot the out of them killed 4.. all in all we had over 40

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.