I got these in the mail today.

• scottd
    wisconsin

Thats cool. They did a great job of replicating 2-3 bucks
    and cropping the pictures into the trailer.

If you look closely at both pictures youll see theres only
    2 0r three different racks.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Actually these bucks are real and are all diffreant I seen them in person I know the guys that harvested them.They are very much real.This is comon sight when you have a group that party hunts and belives in deer management.They have been doing it for years.Belive it or not it is true and the bucks are real.My group had a year like that last year.As soon as I can get to a scanner I will post pics.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Actually these bucks are real and are all diffreant I seen them in person I know the guys that harvested them.They are very much real.This is comon sight when you have a group that party hunts and belives in deer management.They have been doing it for years.Belive it or not it is true and the bucks are real.My group had a year like that last year.As soon as I can get to a scanner I will post pics.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Anybody who thinks this “Iowa” story is true has GOT to be wearing blinders.. I count 7 or 8 bucks in this box, no way from a square mile on the same day or even in the same weekend.. And surely not on the same drive.. I’ll keep my $ on that story, not buying it.

Well, I talked to my cousin on the pic. Six of the 7 bucks in the pic came on the same drive, one was from a drive earlier in the day. These weren’t from Iowa, they were from Buffalo County WI outside Fountain City. Whether you choose to believe me or not, I don’t really care. I have no reason to lie, since I didn’t shoot any (but sure wish I did!).

We don’t have a square anything around here, but 6 of the 7 did come off the same hill, not sure how much sqaure footage that encompasses, but it was one drive of about 15 guys. I saw them loading the bucks on the truck when we drove by the farm, and I was probably standing with a beer in my hand about 15 yards left of the truck when that picture was taken.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Anybody who thinks this “Iowa” story is true has GOT to be wearing blinders.. I count 7 or 8 bucks in this box, no way from a square mile on the same day or even in the same weekend.. And surely not on the same drive.. I’ll keep my $ on that story, not buying it.

Well, I talked to my cousin on the pic. Six of the 7 bucks in the pic came on the same drive, one was from a drive earlier in the day. These weren’t from Iowa, they were from Buffalo County WI outside Fountain City. Whether you choose to believe me or not, I don’t really care. I have no reason to lie, since I didn’t shoot any (but sure wish I did!).

We don’t have a square anything around here, but 6 of the 7 did come off the same hill, not sure how much sqaure footage that encompasses, but it was one drive of about 15 guys. I saw them loading the bucks on the truck when we drove by the farm, and I was probably standing with a beer in my hand about 15 yards left of the truck when that picture was taken.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

hey tony any house for sale oh yeah people keep mentioning this thing called a job? are there any of those down there too

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

hey tony any house for sale oh yeah people keep mentioning this thing called a job? are there any of those down there too

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

That’s makes for a whole new meaning to wack’em and stack’em.. some nice deer..

a Friend who has a small farm east of Glenwood, on MN opener, had 5 very nice bucks for 5 guys, all on Saturday, and all from stands, no drives. Pretty impressive..
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

That’s makes for a whole new meaning to wack’em and stack’em.. some nice deer..

a Friend who has a small farm east of Glenwood, on MN opener, had 5 very nice bucks for 5 guys, all on Saturday, and all from stands, no drives. Pretty impressive..
    Jack..

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

MossBoss the deer in the trailer are from Iowa I can tell you the names of the guys standing next to it.There farm is about 6 miles from my farm.The bucks were taken 2 years ago.I see these people every day.Im done arguing I know the facts on the deer in the trailer.There are big bucks outside of Buffalo county and in other states.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

MossBoss the deer in the trailer are from Iowa I can tell you the names of the guys standing next to it.There farm is about 6 miles from my farm.The bucks were taken 2 years ago.I see these people every day.Im done arguing I know the facts on the deer in the trailer.There are big bucks outside of Buffalo county and in other states.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Um, why are you arguing with me, I never doubted you. I was only explaining the picture I posted. I had no problem believeing that picture was real, I just didn’t know where it was from. I know full well there is many big bucks outside Buffalo County, in fact, I think Buffalo COunty is a bit overrated by some. Some people think Boone and Crockett’s are hiding in every bush here.

Guess I am a bit confused?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Um, why are you arguing with me, I never doubted you. I was only explaining the picture I posted. I had no problem believeing that picture was real, I just didn’t know where it was from. I know full well there is many big bucks outside Buffalo County, in fact, I think Buffalo COunty is a bit overrated by some. Some people think Boone and Crockett’s are hiding in every bush here.

Guess I am a bit confused?

elkmantom

It really doesn’t matter where they were from….they are not there anymore!

elkmantom

It really doesn’t matter where they were from….they are not there anymore!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Another reason why theres so many deer here is the management of the herd. The gun opener starts after the first rut so the big guys can spread thier genes around if they turn out nice, no need to harvest them when they haven’t bred yet. Another reason is alot of people think that theres just farms here and thats not the case. If you bring up a typo elevation map and see the lay of the land it looks alot like sw wisc around buffalo county and its hills and bluffs, the same glacier, but ne Iowa is about 30 times that size and the rest of the land from there to me is bluffs and rolling hills and much of it is timbered. Where i hunt theres about 5000 acres of timber just on the bluffs in the immediate township with huge bluffs and very pretty scenery and you can stand on the roadside and see about 20 miles to the east and the hill and bluff areas look purple on the right days, this area is loaded with springs and as of now i think about 700 miles of trout streams, used to be 1,200 miles when i was a kid and my dad and i fished it, so its not all corn and beans. With the nutrition in the fields and the wild growth of browse, the cover and the milder winters, these are some of the reasons they grow big and theres so many of them, thier hitting deer like crazy right now with the rut just about here in a week or two.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Another reason why theres so many deer here is the management of the herd. The gun opener starts after the first rut so the big guys can spread thier genes around if they turn out nice, no need to harvest them when they haven’t bred yet. Another reason is alot of people think that theres just farms here and thats not the case. If you bring up a typo elevation map and see the lay of the land it looks alot like sw wisc around buffalo county and its hills and bluffs, the same glacier, but ne Iowa is about 30 times that size and the rest of the land from there to me is bluffs and rolling hills and much of it is timbered. Where i hunt theres about 5000 acres of timber just on the bluffs in the immediate township with huge bluffs and very pretty scenery and you can stand on the roadside and see about 20 miles to the east and the hill and bluff areas look purple on the right days, this area is loaded with springs and as of now i think about 700 miles of trout streams, used to be 1,200 miles when i was a kid and my dad and i fished it, so its not all corn and beans. With the nutrition in the fields and the wild growth of browse, the cover and the milder winters, these are some of the reasons they grow big and theres so many of them, thier hitting deer like crazy right now with the rut just about here in a week or two.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I swear we had this same post last year and the same questions came up. I know the picks were posted before.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I swear we had this same post last year and the same questions came up. I know the picks were posted before.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Sorry man just read your post the wrong way.No hard fellings .

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Sorry man just read your post the wrong way.No hard fellings .

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.